NO IM NOT PREGNANT!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Now I just look dead pan in their face and say no, I just carry my extra weight in my stomach. It really throws people off and makes them feel uncomfortable for being such an offensive dumb@ss.

:heart: you lady!!
  • cassblue21
    Options
    The Zumba abs dvd will help in that area. There arent any crunches or anything, you do it all standing but it will help for sure! And if you drink diet soda that has been linked to belly fat in women. Probably any soda really. Hope you got some advice on here that helps you! I love the support here! Everyone has great advice!
  • leahbea22
    leahbea22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Dancing is also a good form of ab exercises. I do the Wii and have noticed a decrease in my stomach size, not huge but I can tell a difference
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    the all CAPS thing personally makes me crazy..... but

i wish you the best of luck with your goals. you will get there if you keep at it. it sounds like you are ready to really go for it. :happy:
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I used to have cramping too. For me my muscles were just so weak that regular exercises were too much. I started out lying on my bed and tightening up my stomach muscles for a few seconds and then relaxing a few times before I got out of bed in the morning. gradually increasing. Just start slowly. your muscles will respond! Good luck!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I WOULD TRY GLUTEN-FREE DIET FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS; IT DID WONDERS FOR ME (SORRY NO PICS)
    IT REALLY TARGETS YOUR MID-SECTION. I LOST 17 LBS. REALLY QUICKLY AND IT WAS MOSTLY IN MY BBS AND ABS AREA.

THE ALL CAPS DOESN'T BOTHER ME, IN FACT, I PREFER TO TYPE THIS WAY. ESP IF I CAN USE THE FONT "COMIC SANS" IT LOOKS REALLY GOOD IN ALL CAPS AND BOLD. :smile:
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Your overall exercise will help reduce you all over, but have you tried planks instead of sit-ups?

I say hold off on situps, I used to have a hard time with them because my back was too tight. Starting out with different types of crunches may activate your abs just enough, but not hurt you or lock up your muscles. Planks are amazing, agreed. They work almost everything. I also agree, personal trainers are the way to go. I've gotten bored with my workouts, I'm planning on getting a few sessions myself. :)

But also, I still have a tummy at 5'5, 134. Some of us lose the fat there VERY last. I mean granted, some of it goes away, but it's a common place to hold fat. Strong abs help hold it in a bit though (or at least that's what I tell myself). ;)
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have the belly problem too. Have all my life. I always get the question, "when are you due?" I always say, "Due for what, an oil change?". They usually get it, and if they dont I dont feel so bad because you cant fix stupid :wink:
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have the belly problem too. Have all my life. I always get the question, "when are you due?" I always say, "Due for what, an oil change?". They usually get it, and if they dont I dont feel so bad because you cant fix stupid :wink:

People are jerks, I've been asked by a boss. "So I've noticed you've gained some weight..." She didn't flat out say "are you pregnant," but hinted at the fact that my coworkers thought so. If you don't know the person, don't ask. Plain and simple. If they want you to know they're pregnant they'll make some sort of a comment that makes it clear that they do. People are rude.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Core work - in the form of multiple types of planks - has done much more for my abs than situps/crunches ever did.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    You really can't spot reduce until you are in the "vanity weight" portion of your journey..like the last 10-15 pounds. For the record...no matter what your size, people are buttholes. I've had two people ask me when I was due after a class at the gym in the past 6 months. I'm a flipping fitness instructor and a size 6. :grumble: