T.H.E. Team April 24-30 - Week 12

Options

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    On the sugar topic:

Sugar is ok, in moderation. I dont use much of it anymore, not compared to what I used to use anyway!
    I have a tiny bit in my coffee in the AM, SOMETIMES, usually I just go without it. Never thought I could do that, especially with coffee. Used light flavored creamers instead for a while, then just stopped using those and started using lowfat milk instead.

As for the coffee.. when hubby was gone I maybe had a starbucks once a week. Now that he's home and making coffee everymorning, I usually drink about 1/2 a cup and Im done. Much better than the 3 cups Id drink before in the AM. I just found I dont need it like I used to.

Anyway... I like Truvia. Which has no aspartame in it. Its the closest thing to sugar I have found and is all natural. Maybe a bit cheaper than splenda also if not about the same price. It doesnt have a funky aftertaste, but is a bit milder in sweetness than regular sugar. If we go out, and I have to use any sweetner in my iced tea (depending on how gross it is without it...lol) I use splenda. Otherwise, at home I use my truvia to sweeten my tea (which isnt always).
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Swignal- I can do an hour on what adopt4 and I like to call "the normal" ellipticals. We've switched over to one of "the harder" ones now that we have been on "the normal" ones for a couple months now. I call "the harder" one "The glute torture machine" because my *kitten* is TIRED and FIRM when Ive been on it for 30 minutes.:laugh: Dont get me wrong... anything to make my butt feel firmer is a good thing! I aint complainin.

Even adopt4 said it works different muscles in her legs because she can feel her knee working harder like it used to on "the normal" machine. Good to know that we can change things up when we get bored or used to what we are doing, just by switching to a different type of elliptical.

I'll grab some pictures tomorrow of the ones Im talking about so you can see what I mean.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    OK GANG
    THIS IS GOING TO BE QUICK. I AM TRYING TO EAT, EXERCISE, PREPARE FOOD FOR TONIGHT AT WORK, FIND OUT ABOUT MY GRAND DAUGHTER WHO HAS SURGERY TOMORROW, WATCH BIGGEST LOSER, ETC.

ANITA - YEAH CONGRATULATIONS ON THE THREE POUNDS WTG GFIRL

KRISTI - THANKS FOR THE INFO. I READ THROUGH WHAT YOU TYPED AND WILL REREAD IT AGAIN AND GO TO THE WEBSITES. DO THAT THIS WEEKEND - MORE TIME THEN. THERE WERE SOMETHINGS THAT HIT HOME IN THERE THOUGH AGAIN THANKS.

LI4G - WOW! I LOVE YOUR PICTURE IN THE AV - LOOKING GOOD GIRL. THANKS FOR YHE HEADS UP ON THE STRETCHING - I WILL HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT. THINGS ARE LOOKING UP HERE WITH THE WATER AND SODIUM. STILL GOING OVER SOMEWHAT BUT PUSHING THE WATER, TOMATOES, ETC

WELL GANG RUNNING OUT OF TIME - HATE TO SAY THIS BUT I GOT TO GET MY FOOD FOR TONIGHT AT WORK - NOT THAT FOOD IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY OF YOU ALL. I DO APPRECIATE YOU ALL.

GOOD - NIGHT EVERYONE TALK TO YOU IN THE MORNING
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    <- me with bangs. She butchered them good cuz I told her I was tired of keeping them out of my face!

LOVE THE NEW 'DO!!!! OMG, you look like a celebrity!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    By the way, on the whole sweetener thing - truvia is made from stevia, which is an herb. All other artificial sweeteners are from chemicals, so if you are trying to give up sugar, stevia is (in my humble opinion) the best way to go.
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hello TEAM! I am a newbie that met up with Anita and linked over (Thanks Anita)! I took the time this AM and read the full thread and am so thankful to have found this group. I was really discouraged by the scolding you all received but was so impressed by the way you all stuck together, supported one another, and kept moving forward!! That says ALOT about this group!

I just started MFP last week and love it! I weighed this morning and am down 4lbs (124 to go)! I know everyone weighs on Fri here but if you don't mind I would prefer to "bring up the rear" (here's hoping :wink: ) and stick with Mondays. It helps keep me accountable on the weekend and motivates me for the week.

Congrats for everyone's successes thus far and those who feel they didn't meet their goals last week, keep this quote in mind: "Sometimes our skill is PERSEVERENCE. We CAN be good at trying and if we are, we need to honor our effort!:

A little about me: I am 39 yo, happily married to Steve, and mama to 2 kiddos (Cal 8y and Emma 6y). I am a registered nurse (yes, I should know better!) that is great at taking care of others, just not so good at taking care of myself. That is changing!! I own my own business and work from home.

I started MFP on 4/20 and my 10 yr Annivesary is 11/20 so my first goal is to lose 35lbs by then. I have little goals to help get me there. I turn 40 in Jan so that will be my next milestone.

I purchased an elliptical last week instead of a treadmill as I think it will be a better all over workout and easier on the joints. It is kicking my butt! Kristi and those of you that do the elliptical more than 7 minutes at a time (my current best) are quite the inspiration!! I was discouraged at first but have to remind myself that it is still more than I was doing before!

So that is it for now. Since I agree with Jamie about daily posting - Talk to you all soon!

Waddle On!
    AJ
    SW287.5/GW160/CW183.5 - 4# lost!
    (T) Together we will (E) encourage, (A) amuse, and (M) motivate eachother to success!!

Welcome AJ! I like what you said about team! Glad to have you here!
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Renayeb ~ Uh-huhhhhh, I see how you work - The margaritas and donuts you toss as bait. LI4G is a baaaaaad influence:laugh: We must keep you two separated!!

lmao :laugh: :laugh:
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Hi everyone! Checking in...Hope you all are having a great Tuesday! Today went well. I did kickboxing at the gym after work and the took my dog for a great walk, about 2 miles! Li4g - the hair looks great!
    Nitag - how's the eating plan going so far?
    I skimmed through the posts but do not have time to respond to all. I know at one point we were talking about Crystal light yesterday. I stopped drinking it after I found out it has Aspartmae (I think thats how its spelled) in it. Diet coke does too! I did research on it after some had told me it wasn't good for me. I found information that said theres nothing to be concerned about and others that gave specifics. After reading about becoming addicted and having withdraw symptoms I became concerned - it I didn't have my crystal light packet in the morning I got headaches or felt out of it....basically I HAD to have it. I decided to try a couple days without them and experienced headaches, shakes,and felt miserable. I figured I need to stop drinking it cold turkey and I shouldn't have that from a drink! I now drink cold water in the am :happy:
    Sometimes I get bored with that and I'll have "bubbly water" - its like a flavored water from my local grocery store.
    I really need to get to bed, sorry I can't write more....bf needed to log in remotely to work tonight and he will have to tomorrow as well (EOM stuff). Have a great evening and I hope everyone did their best today! :glasses:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    <- me with bangs. She butchered them good cuz I told her I was tired of keeping them out of my face!

Ok, your quote pointed at my head doesn't really work! However, just wanted to say... WOW! I remember your av when I first came and this is an amazing difference. YOU GO GIRL!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options

OMG you look so YOUNG!!! Congrats to you girl... Your a hottie....
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Thank ya darlins!! Hubby likes it too. Told him he could take a picture for his phone now that I feel human. :laugh: I noticed in that picture that my dimples are coming back. Wow! I didnt even know they were gone! LOL I'll show ya what I mean.. I have a picture from last December to share.

Ok, so Im a little peeved. I went and bought a new scale cuz hubby ageed with me that we needed a new one. Got a GOOD one that is digital and got it home. Gave it a test drive and :angry: :grumble: I decided I would weigh in in the morning. Already ate dinner and all. Whatever it gives me in the AM is what Im stickin to and just moving forward from there. WIll update my ticker with the new info then....now that i got it fixed again.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    By the way, on the whole sweetener thing - truvia is made from stevia, which is an herb. All other artificial sweeteners are from chemicals, so if you are trying to give up sugar, stevia is (in my humble opinion) the best way to go.

There ya go! I knew it was all natural, just couldnt remember what it was made from off the top of my head. So Stevia is the same thing....good to know! THANKS!
  • healthymom2009
    Options

OMG you look so YOUNG!!! Congrats to you girl... Your a hottie....

ditto from me...looking great!:flowerforyou:

Wanted to report I did my wogging tonight at the gym and logged my food. Right on track for today.:drinker:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Fell right out of the giant truck today - TOTALLY embarrassing!! There are no running boards on the giant truck and I have running boards on my SUV - slid out expecting to stop against the running board and then step down. But no running board means no stop - I fell right out in the middle of the parking lot. Yes, people saw me. Yes, they made a fuss. :blushing: BUT if was HYSTERICAL - and I kept busting out laughing all through the grocery store! I won't even contemplate what people must have thought of me!:laugh: :ohwell:

Stevia is absolutely my favorite sweetener! Love, love, love it. Like Truvia 2nd best - it doesn't seem quite as sweet as stevia to me. Also, I've planted stevia in my herb garden - Plan on scoring the leaves and adding to my tea as it brews - I let you know how that works.

I have been reading tonight on splenda (sucralose) and aspertame. I really encourage everyone to google the side effects - and make informed decisions when you decide to use it. I truly believe it can be really bad for you - and if you must use it, it should be with the greatest moderation. It's scarey stuff. I'm keeping a couple of packs of stevia in my wallet in case I stop for a tea while i'm out and about.

Li4g - love the new do! Very stylish!

It's after midnight here - I'm beat. See ya tomorrow....:yawn:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Fell right out of the giant truck today - TOTALLY embarrassing!! There are no running boards on the giant truck and I have running boards on my SUV - slid out expecting to stop against the running board and then step down. But no running board means no stop - I fell right out in the middle of the parking lot. Yes, people saw me. Yes, they made a fuss. :blushing: BUT if was HYSTERICAL - and I kept busting out laughing all through the grocery store! I won't even contemplate what people must have thought of me!:laugh: :ohwell:

Lulu, we seriously are sisters! You fell out of the big truck, I fell off the elliptical. Its uncanny! Thanks for the stevia pitch. I had heard of it a long time ago, when it was legal in Canada {nods to northern friends, Chanty and Cindybee and anyone else?} but not yet in the US. I look forward to trying it! See you all in the movies. I am yawning my head off, so off to bed with me! :yawn:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

Li4g - YOU LOOK GREAT... :love: :love: I love the new dew!!!! Hubby has to love it cuz it is really beautiful!!! I do both ellipticals the one where the arms move and the one where they dont I do the different programs that are on there I do the weight loss one the interval one, the cross trainer 1 & 2 each day I do different ones just so my body dont get use to it... I try to keep my body guessing what I am doing.... I am going to go try it before I go to the dr with my foot and my calf hurting.... I might just end up in the pool to work it out...

Lulu - Sorry to hear you feel out of the big bad Truck... Hope you are okay and didnt get hurt... I would have prob not went in the grocery store knowing everyone would be looking at me but I am very proud that you did...

Well I am getting ready to go to the gym to try and work out before I head to the Dr... Hoping everything is okay with my foot... with 2 weeks and 2 days before Vacation......well I will check back later have a great Wed (hump day)....

Sheila
  • nitag
    Options
    LI4G - You can really see the difference from the previous photo.. Your cheeks are shrinking... And yes I see those dimples... Lucky girl.. Funny cuz my daughter told me on Saturday that she could see my dimples.. I didn't even know I had them....

Lulu - Awwww big trucks stink.. My husband has one and its all lifted. Pain in the but to get in and out of and he has running boards... I love driving it cuz people move outta my way... I have not fallen out of it yet!!!

Kristi - I fell off the treadmill - will actually it sent me flying.. I am still scared of it even though DH said its fine.. If it makes a noise I tense up.. Terrible...

I am looking into purchasing an Eliptical and a home gym for the house.. I think I can get both on Craigslist for a pretty reasonable price...

Last night DH brought home 2 kittens... They are adorable... They are still hiding under the bed.. The dogs won't leave them alone. DH named them after race tracks BEFORE I got home, and he said since he went and picked them up they are his to name.. And I replied and yours to clean up the cat box too!! So I will post pics of Bristol and Fontana :grumble: when I figure out how to do that...

I am home today (yeah)... Going to clean and workout.. Stay busy so I don't eat..

Talk to ya all later....

Nita
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Good Morning Team! I am exhausted today! I gave up caffeine but today is one of those days I was considering it this morning....so far I am doing good and did not give in. :grumble:
    You know when you select sedentary or lightly sedentary, etc at the beginning? What is everyone set at?

Have a Wonderful Wednesday! :laugh:
    Jamie
  • nitag
    Options
    Good Morning Team! I am exhausted today! I gave up caffeine but today is one of those days I was considering it this morning....so far I am doing good and did not give in. :grumble:
    You know when you select sedentary or lightly sedentary, etc at the beginning? What is everyone set at?

Have a Wonderful Wednesday! :laugh:
    Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I tried giving up coffee, but I can't, I enjoy my cup with my fat free creamer.. Maybe one day:wink:

The Dr. Ian diet is ok.. The first day seemed to be loaded with carbs but I still followed it, yesterday was more protein.. I haven't checked out today's plan yet... I plan on giving it 30 days.. Its a 30 day plan..

Have a wonderful day...

Nita
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Li4g - Nice hair:wink:

GetFit - I haven't talked to you in so long..hii!!

On the giving up coffee topic, I will be off of it for a while, and then go to like 3 cups a day...right now I have tea beside me:smile: