restarting

Options
Hi everyone! I joined MFP a little while ago and found it very helpful in my Healthy life makeover. However my busy family life took over and over the last several months I've let all my hard work slip away. I need to lose 10lbs to get back into my healthy weight range and would ideally like to lose 25lbs. It's not just about the weight for me though. I feel so much better when I'm active, exercising daily, and eating healthier. I would love to have more friends on here to help encourage me and hold me accountable. I will do the same for you!

Replies

• Betsybeee
    Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm restarting again myself. I have actually gained some weight lately. I have been doing a strength training class with a trainer 2 x weeks so some of my weight gain is muscle. But...........the scale isn't going down. However, I'm ready to start again! Good luck!
  • rockeraxXx
    Options
    Hello! Congrats on re-starting!! I always enjoy new friends who can help keep me motivated :) Feel free to add me !! I will cheer you on too :bigsmile: -Rosalie
  • Tracypeebles42
    Tracypeebles42 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also starting over today. Been sick for about a month but ready to hit the ground running when I read everyone's post on here I can kind of get sad seems that everyone just needs to lose 10 to 20 pounds, and am trying to go from 280 to 175 but hey am ready to win this battle. so am just lookinfg for a little help and for someone to encourage me.
  • KerriPerske
    Options
    Unfortunately, that same scenario has happened to me several times.
    I recently decided that I needed to take some "me" time and get back on track.
    I know what you mean about feeling so much better when your your eating better and exercising. It's amazing what a difference it makes! Of course that makes me wonder why I ever stop in the first place. LOL
  • seansmom0106
    seansmom0106 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lovemuffin42, I know you can do it! My sister in law has lost 60lbs since May and a young man who works for my father has lost like a 100lbs in the last 3 or 4 months! It may seem like a big number compared to some others but when those numbers start dropping how fun will it be to say "I've lost 50lbs!" or "I've lost 100lbs!"? Keep up the hard work and it WILL happen!
  • Tracypeebles42
    Tracypeebles42 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for those words they where much needed.
  • yoopergirl
    yoopergirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am also a "restarter." I had been losing weight after a lapband surgery in 2010 by just not being able to eat as much or as fast as I had before. Figured that would be the magic bullet. Well....I recently began gaining a few lbs, had a "come to Jesus" meeting with my doc & am now doing what he has been telling me to do all along. I am keeping a journal, making better choices, eating slower, exercising more. I have already lost 1.5#! Guess he knows what he is doing after all...go figure. Anyway, am back, am trying to do it slowly & CONSISTENTLY & am here to tell you, lapband is a TOOL, not a magic bullet. :)
  • yoopergirl
    yoopergirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would love to have you encourage me & I will do the same for you. I have lost 55# so far after having a lapband surgery. I still have 60-80# to go & have had to change my thinking re. having it just fall off without doing any work. That is why I am back on fitness pal. You can do this! :smile:
  • foss44
    foss44 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting too , okay well to be honest I fell off of the wagon for a week, I let myself get lax on Thanksgiving and well been celebrating Thanksgiving for a week now. The junkj food I have been eating has well made me feel yucky and as of today I'm back with it. Anyone want to be friends just add me I need encourgement too and would love to encourage others on this journey.
  • pamsallie
    Options
    Well I was just introduced to MFP and have found it is an awesome tool. I have 75-100 lbs and it seems sooooo far away! But I know I can do this! So far with my paying attention to calories I am in shock. Some days I have been taking in my whole daily total just on one meal. UGGGGGH !! NO wonder I feel bad, have no energy, and can't move like I use too! I HAVE GOT TO DO THIS! FOR ME!!:heart::heart: :heart: