Toast--what to put on it???

Options

Replies

• janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese on my whole wheat toast, with a sprinkle of onion salt and dill weed.
    In the summer I like to put sliced tomatoes on the cottage cheese too.
  • ChasesMumma927
    ChasesMumma927 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like poached eggs on toast.. At least poached is cooked in water and your not frying it with butter ;-) I usually have 1 slice of toast with 1 Tablespoon of peanutbutter..
  • mebegreen
    Options
    I have toast every morning too and I usually (in the fall) put either Apple Butter or Pumpkin Butter <--- Tastes like pumpkin pie!!! So good and good for you :)
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Two eggs over easy! Put them on your toast, top with some salsa, cut into it and let that yolk runneth over....SOOOOO GOOOOOD!
  • chickpeas83
    Options
    stay natural, Butter is better for you, in moderation! I make my own apple butter, its really really tasty and you don't need to butter your toast if you are eating it! And i you make your own, you don't have to add hardly any sugar! Its like spreading apple cider on your toast!!! mmmm so yummy!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I use organic creamy peanut butter, organic fruit preserves, nutella, or just some brummell and brown (made from yogurt)..
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I eat blue bonnet margarine. . . nutella (not much anymore but will eat it) or a natural peanut butter. .. jiff has the no stir kind
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Soft banana is lovely on toast.

Butter is merely optional. Add a bit of marmite if you like.
  • cniskasari
    cniskasari Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i just found a jam that has 50 cals per tbsp. it's called all fruit made by golden valley. no added sugar or any preservatives.
    i also like to put kraft philadelphia light cream cheese on toast. 30 cals for 1 tbsp. other than that, if i really crave it i'll go for my natural peanut butter (only ingredients are peanuts) - 1 tbsp is 100 cals but if i work it into my day, calorie wise, it's a nice healthy treat.
    have you ever tried to just enjoy dry toast? it takes a bit of time to get used to but you sure save on the extra calories. ;)
    mmm, gotta love the toast!
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    love laughing cow cheese light spreadable cheese wedge on my wheat toast

Me too! Or a thin layer of peanut butter, or a thin layer of blackberry jam.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I go for the real thing. butter in small amounts is ok. Also natural peanut butter or plain.
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like a little reduced fat cream cheese and jam, its like a little cheesecake Mmm!
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    Hummus
    peanut butter
    hard boiled egg
    avocado and sliced tomato (yummy)
  • MissMags2
    Options
    I use Brummel & Brown. Its blended with yogurt & has no cholesterol and 0 trans fat.
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Butter
    Earth balance makes several spreads that dont have crap
    Coconut oil
    Marscapone cheese
    Jam
    Peanut or almond butter
    Hummus
    Apple or pumpkin butter
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    Margarine (or butter, your choice) a little sugar, and lots of cinnamon. So freaking tasty.
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I use Fleishmann's, it's a vegetable oil spread, made with olive oil.. no hydrogenated oils, only 1g of saturated fat and 60 cals per tbsp.
  • GrammyM
    GrammyM Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have always used real butter, but switched to Land O Lakes Light Butter about a year ago. Basically it is water, butter and canola oil whipped together, half the cals of butter and great taste.

I continue to eat (light) butter, real mayo, whatever I like in limited quantities and log it. I'd rather have a little bit of the real thing than a whole lot of an inferior lowfat sub.
  • missxzlili
    Options
    i have lots of different toppings i like

-I tbsp of peanut butter with fruit
    or
    -mustard with a slice of meat and tomato, basically an opened sandwich
    or
    -non fat jelly
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Normally I do butter and jelly. Sometimes I do butter and honey, and sometimes I just add butter. If it's French Toast, then it's syrup on top! Yum!