Twilight..wtf?

Options
molsongirl
molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
I watched Twilight this evening. What a stupid lame movie. Shoulda named it "Retarded freak Sparkly Boy". and that's all I gotta say about that. :happy:

Replies

• molsongirl
    Options
    I watched Twilight this evening. What a stupid lame movie. Shoulda named it "Retarded freak Sparkly Boy". and that's all I gotta say about that. :happy:
  • krystad
    krystad Posts: 28
    Options
    hahahahahahaha:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    :laugh: That's hilarious. Everyone has been telling me to read the books, but they just don't look like something I'd enjoy. I'm following your lead on this one & staying away. LOL
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    The books were 1,000,000 times better than the movie. While the basic story was captured in the movie, the acting, casting and direction sucked! As usual Hollywood ruined a perfectly good book :laugh:
  • molsongirl
    Options
    :laugh: That's hilarious. Everyone has been telling me to read the books, but they just don't look like something I'd enjoy. I'm following your lead on this one & staying away. LOL

My daughters swear up and down that the books are way better...but I don't know...:laugh: my theory is, if the recommendations are coming from girls under 16 yrs of age, chances are i'm not going to like it. The whole vampire thing, just isn't my thing.
  • 3babybeans
    Options

My daughters swear up and down that the books are way better...but I don't know...:laugh: my theory is, if the recommendations are coming from girls under 16 yrs of age, chances are i'm not going to like it. The whole vampire thing, just isn't my thing.

I agree! I couldn't get into the Harry Potter books or movies, either. *shrug* Maybe I'm missing something.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Love the new av, btw! :flowerforyou:
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options

19 and I liked it. Really good escape books, but hard to put down. The movie wasn't that good, but if you don't like young adult fiction you probably won't like Twilight. If you do like YA fiction though, you'll most likely will. :laugh: :wink:
  • Fatbridesmaid18
    Options
    the twilight movie is almost as lame as the twilight book is AMAZING! It truly is too bad that hollywood attempted to capture the most wonderful novel I have ever read. Truly... READ THE BOOK! DO NOT WATCH THE MOVIE
  • bonniejo
    Options
    the twilight movie is almost as lame as the twilight book is AMAZING! It truly is too bad that hollywood attempted to capture the most wonderful novel I have ever read. Truly... READ THE BOOK! DO NOT WATCH THE MOVIE

I thought the Alice in the movie was good. And Carslise too. But they didn't capture Edward, so the whole thing just fell apart. :brokenheart:
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    Didn't read Twilight but everyone I know says the books were amazing!
    Everyone I know who read the books say the movie sucks!

I felt the same about Sephora movie yet the books were good.

Harry, well, I love Harry Potter.

My all time favorite current series is, "The Golden Compass" by Phillip Pullman. I LOVED the books and I loved the movie! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • bonniejo
    Options

I felt the same about Sephora movie yet the books were good

My all time favorite current series is, "The Golden Compass" by Phillip Pullman. I LOVED the books and I loved the movie! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: But apparently the movie was hard to follow if you hadn't read the books. The Amber Spyglass when Pan is just sitting on the shore makes me cry every time!
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options

Agreed!
  • molsongirl
    Options

I felt the same about Sephora movie yet the books were good.

Harry Potter rocks...:drinker:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

How could you love that movie?? THEY BUTCHERED IT. I have never left a movie so upset before. They could have done MAGICAL things with those books and the movie was just garbage.

The books are AMAZING though.

If you liked Harry Potter and the Dark Materials books you will LOVE the series by Garth Nix. The first book is called Sabriel. READ IT. It's my favorite out of all of them.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    I'm actually watching Twilight right now. I love the books and I'm sorry but I like the movie too. :love: :love:

I didn't think it was that bad and the kid they picked to play Jasper is perfect and so super cute!! Love him.

Alice is spot on but I hate the casting for Rosalie and Esme. Can't deal with Peter Facinelli cuz all I think of is him playing the duchebag in Can't Hardly Wait.
  • molsongirl
    Options

How could you love that movie?? THEY BUTCHERED IT. I have never left a movie so upset before. They could have done MAGICAL things with those books and the movie was just garbage.

The books are AMAZING though.

If you liked Harry Potter and the Dark Materials books you will LOVE the series by Garth Nix. The first book is called Sabriel. READ IT. It's my favorite out of all of them.

I have soooo much time on my hands lately, that I might just pick up one of the books you've suggested. Thanks, I watched Role models last night on the advice of my teenage boys this time, and it was freaking hilarious :laugh:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options

I have soooo much time on my hands lately, that I might just pick up one of the books you've suggested. Thanks, I watched Role models last night on the advice of my teenage boys this time, and it was freaking hilarious :laugh:

I heard that was really funny. I've been meaning to get that on my netflicks list!!

I dunno, I like a lot of young adult books. Some of them are really good. Edward is just an AMAZING character and the relationship he has with Bella has totally given me urealistic expectations of men now.

There are another BRILLIANT set of books by Diana Gabaldon. It's called The Outlander Series. They're adult fiction but another of my most favorite series. The first one is called Outlander. Another amazing guy in those stories that gives unrealistic expectations in men. :laugh:
  • molsongirl
    Options

I heard that was really funny. I've been meaning to get that on my netflicks list!!

I dunno, I like a lot of young adult books. Some of them are really good. Edward is just an AMAZING character and the relationship he has with Bella has totally given me urealistic expectations of men now.

There are another BRILLIANT set of books by Diana Gabaldon. It's called The Outlander Series. They're adult fiction but another of my most favorite series. The first one is called Outlander. Another amazing guy in those stories that gives unrealistic expectations in men. :laugh:

I gotta man, who puts up with me, 13 kids, and my dog Lola who constantly pushes hubby to the end of the bed so she can be next to me. I guess I can't complain about expectations...lol :laugh:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Definitely a keeper! :bigsmile:

I'm ready to start reading twilight to Nick. See if he'll pick up the hints.......:wink: