Friends with benefits

Options
1235»

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Never had a FWB - Any man willing to use me for sex isn't my friend.

^^^^ this ^^^^

Also, i'm very old fashioned. I need to love someone to do that. :blushing:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I had one for like 15 years (on and off between other 'relationships')....and can honestly say I didn't want anything else from him.

I guess when I was very young (like 20) and it first started, I might have had romanticized ideas about him, but it didn't take long to figure out he wasn't the guy for anything more than that. After the first date with my now-husband, I knew I was done with the FWB guy!
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This will cost me my man card, but I can't go there if I don't have feelings in the first place.

From a woman's perspective, you gained an extra man card for this one.. and respect, admiration, and a whole bunch of other things =)

exactly, more men need to be like you. to me a fwb is someone im in a relationship with. you are supposed to be friends with your partner. seriously, if you just want to get off, get a battery operated device. im married and have one, :bigsmile:
  • sexychick76
    sexychick76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i fell for a player !
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Never had a FWB - Any man willing to use me for sex isn't my friend.

^^^^ this ^^^^

Also, i'm very old fashioned. I need to love someone to do that. :blushing:

This!
  • dcantrell28
    Options
    FWB is a legend. No such thing exists. There are always feelings on one side or the other if not both. :tongue: :wink:
  • DisturbedRaccoon
    Options
    My ex-bf turned into a FWB. We dated for a short time and after breaking up, we became FWB. We don't have any ground rules though. When I'm back in town its like we are dating all over again, but we aren't. Obviously there are still feelings there. I just wonder if anything will happen.

Honestly, I think it is impossible to have a FWB without having some feelings for each other.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    in the past with these types of "relationships" i never developed feelings, i got bored and had to move on with my life. a purely sexual partner lacks substance and fails to bring a connection to the table and eventually i just become bored and uninterested. i guess im one of those weirdos who associates sex with feelings, if feelings are not there, eventually i walk away. although, i have let this go on for months at a time before without becoming bored.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    It's interesting. Most of the relationships I've had, I thought were relationships. Turns out I was THEIR FWB, and they didn't tell me. I would fall for them and then they would be gone afterward, and I would be left hurt. I was told it was because guys don't fall for fat girls.
    Guys have never had genuine feelings for me. It's something you get used to. You realize that if it hasn't happened yet, it probably never will.

Don't ever lose faith in yourself. You have to kiss a few toads before you find your prince - regardless of size - we've all been there (almost all anyway) People of all shapes and sizes are loved because they're wonderful. Don't tie your self worth to your weight and don't stop believing you're worth more.

THIS WAS ME. Above poster was right, don't ever lose faith in yourself! I gave up. And shortly after I stopped looking I found the most magnificent man who loves all 200+ pounds of me.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Um my husband and I started out with just "FWB" then we dated, then decided to do FWB again, then we got engaged and 8 years almost 9yrs later we are still married and very happy :D
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I had one of these relationships, it didn't really work for me.

But if it works for you or others more power to ya.

It's an idea that looks great on paper.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    This will cost me my man card, but I can't go there if I don't have feelings in the first place.

respectable but please leave your card with the Doorman...He's had mine for years!

If you can handle it then have at it but typically it leads to feelings for at least one of the people involved...which leads to heartbreak for someone and a lost friend
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    So apropo... :laugh:

tumblr_l8r890FOrF1qzgwmco1_500.jpg

You are the best poster ever!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    what are these friends with benefits and where do you find them?

Craigslist, Casual Encounters.
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    what are these friends with benefits and where do you find them?

Craigslist, Casual Encounters.

ROFL
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    At some point you will fall in love :)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I have been FWB with the same guy for 2 years... Do I have feelings for him? as a friend I love him to death... but he is not boyfriend material... I think it all depends on the people involved. We had a very serious talk when we decided to sleep together, I do not want relationship other than what we have right now with him - he knows that, and he feels the same way - I know that.

Will it ever go farther than that? Nope.
  • camrecordplay
    Options
    I love my friends too much to get into a FWB place with them. As soon as you add sex to the equation, regardless of whether one or the other has feelings the whole relationship changes. It is rare to find two people who will be straight up honest the whole time in order for that to work. Either all the affection you had before will dissapear cause you are both unsure of each others reactions, or it means something different now. That person knows you differently to how anyone else knows you. I didn't like the idea of many people knowing me like that so I don't do it anymore.
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    I never developed feelings for a FWB. If I was interested in her romantically, it would start that way not develope later. Girls that hold out sex, I tend to find myself with longer than the girls that the relationship started around sex.