Worst Present you've recieved

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I know there must have been something bad in all these years, but I can never think of a truly bad one. The worst I can come up with is when my supervisor gave me a pair of gold earrings because she noticed I never wore gold jewelry. They were actually pretty nice, but huh? "I notice you don't like this, so I got it for you!"
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    A MyFitnessPal t-shirt.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    In a big box there was a couple disposable razors, worn shirts, used hair products and other used things that my sister thought she was being BEYOND nice giving to me for my 16th birthday.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Be very careful when telling your hubby that you like something. We were walking through a store one day and I saw some cute socks. I just offhandedly said, ' I love socks'. Well, for Christmas, he bought me 20 pair of socks. Now, I must add that they were not gym socks. He went to the mall and purchased 20 individual pairs of highend socks. Yes, I do love socks, but that is not really what I had in mind for Christmas.

But, I love him dearly and he has been very good about taking the ribbing I give him about it. Needless to say, I have never gotten socks again. :)

Too funny!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    A clown doll. I hate clowns!!!!

Me too! They terrify me and my brother gave me an old vintage clown head cookie jar one year. It's awful yet I still have it.
  • misskerouac
    Options
    Mine was one of those boxes of chocolate covered cherries....disgusting I hate those things and couldn't believe someone gave that to me....its funny now that i think of it, but at the time I was speechless!!!!

FOr me it's those darn Brandy chocolates, so gross.
  • misskerouac
    Options
    Re-gifted earrings. And by re-gifted, I mean one still had ear gunk crusted on the post.

ewwwww
    how did you have the will power not to gag?
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Not one, but two fleece sweaters I had seen my MIL wear the previous year, from Walmart. I guess she grew out of them. She also got my son (almost 3 at the time) 4 dollar store toys my mom had bought him earlier in the year, just 'cause they were only a dollar.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    One year when I was in middle school, my mom made me and my sister homemade backpacks with our full names in LARGE letters sewn on the back! I was so embarrassed that I would ditch the backpack in the trees in front of our house and carry my stuff to the bus stop!
  • FordEXP
    Options
    Ex-in-laws gave me a lighter that looked like a rifle for christmas. Pretty sure they got it from Cowtown for $1.99
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    We did a secret Santa thing at work one year... The woman who got me gave me USED/already scratched scratch tickets (not winners!) and a little baggie of plastic coal.

Hilarious....!?
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    At a work grab bag with a $25 limit I received a used music cd.
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Every year my dad gives us books. This might not be bad if they were authors I was interested in or books i could actually use. Instead he spends the year looking through book catalogs and if something looks interesting to him, he'll buy it. When arrives, he realizes that he doesn't have time to read it so it goes in the gift stack. Sometimes he'll even see a book and not realize that he already got one (in the gift stack) and order more. There have been Christmases where my mother, sister, and I ALL get copies of the same book (we live in the same house). This might not be a big deal if it was one or two titles but on average we each end up with about 40 new volumes to try and fit on our already over-filled bookshelves. We literally have an entire room devoted to books with full bookshelves on all walls, cabinets full of books, and stacks of books on the floor (as well as having bookshelves in our individual rooms) but it hurts my dad's feeling if we give them away because "they're gifts".

"History of the Great White Shark" anyone?
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    mine was a maternity dress 3 months after I miscarried, from my MIL, just in case I get pg again.

OMG! I'm so sorry.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    $100 gift card to Express
    I was many many months pregnant

just walking in there made me cry
  • Jones4177
    Options
    A pack of Socks....and I'm not talking about the good kind. Just socks
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My brother in law bought me a star for my high school graduation...
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I had the worst and cheapest boss ever give me a fake LV purse one year and when I went to use it the handle fell off and she had to fess up since I couldnt return it.... soooo LAME of her (she was filthy rich)
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    A Mickey Mouse Christmas ornament. I don't even like MM.
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    Bridal Shower gift from my SIL.... A bath set. Not bad... Oh Wait! It's the one I gave HER for Christmas the year before!

Ahahah! The magically returning presents are the best! I love them!!! :laugh: