What's for dinner? I only have 260 cals left for today!

Options

Replies

• 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Workout pick up some extra calories..
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Brown about 4 oz of the Ground Beef, Add water and a beef bullion cube and 2 cups of frozen mixed veggies bring to a boil and enjoy a huge helping of Veggie Beef Soup.
  • dobish7
    Options
    Have a small soft shell taco!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    From the looks of your food diary, you are only allotting yourself 1200 cals a day? WOW!
    SMH.... not good, my friend.
    If you go over your calorie goal today, you still cannot possibly gain any weight.
    I wouldn't sweat it. Pick out something decent to eat and don't worry about the calories. Worry about quality.
    Then, I would go back in and reassess just how badly you need to be limiting yourself to the kind of calorie allowance you're prescribing for yourself. It's hard to do, and if you try to keep it up, you're going to become cranky and have no energy.
    If this is how you like it, by all means, have at it. But that's just me.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    exercise and limit your dinner to vegetables without butter or sauces.......save the beef for another time:bigsmile:
  • 260, you can make it happen! I would go for some popcorn as a snack (either a couple of hours before or after dinner) share a full-size bag and you may use about 60, then you've got 200. Then I might do frozen meal, or the Progresso soup, or a nice big salad with minimal toppings. Or maybe you could even do a burger patty w/no bun.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with peppers and onions if you have it and toast.
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    asparagus is my go to when I over do lunch.
  • sal22408
    Options
    http://fatsecret.com/recipes/collections/nutrition/low-calorie/200-300-calorie/GroundBeef.aspx

here are many to choose from ...depending on what you have on hand, im sure you can find something :)
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    this
    exercise so you can have more calories for dinner

This...

^^^^THIS^^^^^
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    shiritake noodles are 40 calories for the whole bag you can add spaghetti sauce, meat and some cheese and totally be under 260 with some yummy spaghetti :)
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    http://my.hearthealthyonline.com/recipe/chicken/chicken-garbanzo-bean-soup/

Chicken and Garbanzo Bean Soup. 216 Calories per serving. Yum!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My diner is usually around 300 and I'm stuffed when I'm done 2 chicken tenderloins (frozen Kroger brand) is like 90 cals one serving of brown rice for 150 cals and 2 cups of frozen stir fry vegetables (kroger brand) got 60 cals. Do a few blocks around the neighborhood and eat something like that. I think thats about 360but u could cut the vegetables down to one cup and one chicken tender.... It is good and filling.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    If you don't have time for any exercise to earn some extra calories, there are still some good options.

1. Breakfast for dinner: an egg is only 70 calories, add a serving of oats for 150, and you'll still have enough to add either a teaspoon of brown sugar, half a cup of berries, or half a banana to your oats.

2. A 4 oz serving of chicken breast or fish with raw or steamed veggies.

3. Lowfat cottage cheese is 90 calories for half a cup. Add a salad and/or some fruit.

4. A broth-based (not creamy) soup. Depending on the soup, you may be able to add some crackers or toast.

Good luck on figuring out something that works for you today. :happy:
  • sarahwebb81
    Options
    I think exercising for a few hundred extra calories would be ideal, but if you can't fit it in, I love scrambled egg whites (125 for a cup of egg beaters whites), a few slices of lunch meat ham (around 60 calories), peppers and onions (maybe 50 calories) for a total of 235. If you want to let yourself go over by a few calories, add a Thomas whole grain English muffin with I Can't Believe it's Not Butter spray (and garlic salt if you want)- it's 100 calories and 8 grams of fiber to help fill you up. I always have these in my apartment.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    From the looks of your food diary, you are only allotting yourself 1200 cals a day? WOW!
    SMH.... not good, my friend.
    If you go over your calorie goal today, you still cannot possibly gain any weight.
    I wouldn't sweat it. Pick out something decent to eat and don't worry about the calories. Worry about quality.
    Then, I would go back in and reassess just how badly you need to be limiting yourself to the kind of calorie allowance you're prescribing for yourself. It's hard to do, and if you try to keep it up, you're going to become cranky and have no energy.
    If this is how you like it, by all means, have at it. But that's just me.

She may be short like me..... Not everyone needs more than 1200 calories..... Just saying!!
  • spiritwolf13
    spiritwolf13 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    soup and salad?
  • evadavies1
    Options
    I am doing the Harcombe Diet - which is Real Food - no additives or sugar, so low carb. I am full of energy, fab skin and losing weight. My menu today:

Bacon and eggs for breakfast
    Roast pork belly and mediterrean veg for lunch
    Steak and salad for dinner with raspberries and cream for pudding

I drink loads of herbal tea, water and wheatgrass water.

I have been doing this since Sept 1 - my chloresterol is fine and (drumroll please) I am no longer borderline diabetic.

So my advice would be to find a way of eating where you don't have to count calories. I know this isn't for everyone but it works for me.

I am very happy to be losing weight and staying healthy.

Cheers
    Eva
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have to say I agree with the low calories. Unless you are doing absolutely nothing but lying in bed all day long....1200 calories is really not enough. And, I am not trying to be picky here, but looking at your diary for the past few days.....I see a REALLY big lack of fresh fruits and veggies. You have too much protein, sodium, and fat each day. And you seem to be lacking in complex carbs as well.
    What do you have your settings at here on MFP for pounds to lose each week? (If you don't mind me asking?) I am not at all trying to be discouraging here....but I think I might be able to make a few suggestions to help you get better results. If you are open to it.....feel free to message me. I don't want to over-step here...but I am willing to help if you would like.

As for dinner (or any of your meals) I would suggest a few things:
    Grilled chicken breast (4 oz piece 100 cals) great lean meat.
    SALAD! You can have an entire giant bowl of salad and it's a whopping 20-40 calories depending on the type you use.
    Salad dressing....change the ranch to a balsamic vinagrette with olive oil. about 50 cals for a serving
    Throw veggies on top. I like peas (unshelled and sweet peas in the shell) tomatos, carrots, beets, pickles....anything you like!

At about 250-300 calories you can have a nice huge dinner salad with the above ingredients and not be hungry.
    But, then you are still seriously lacking in your diary (from the days I saw) in your complex carbs. Oatmeal, whole grain bread, whole wheat pasta.....yes, these things have high carbs and higher calories....but they are essential nutrients your body needs! A small serving (1 piece of whole grain bread, one serving of oatmeal only 100 cals) is so worth it! Plus, it will give you a little energy!

I can give you a bunch of suggestions if you like. Feel free to ask if you are interested!
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Soup? Or Omelette? Or just some beef with spices and side salad?