How much is gas where you are?

Options
icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
OK, this whole gas price thing is out of control. $3.56 per gallon. Too much. We had out Expedition stolen 3 weeks ago, and now I am thinking it was a blessing. It would cost us more than $100 to fill up each week. I am driving a old Mits. Eclipse to save money on gas. It cost me $60.00 to fill up today. I am thinking it is time for another motorcycle or a scooter. I was getting over 48 miles per gallon on my Harley. I sure do miss that. Maybe I should invest in a scooter with a side car for my daughter if it is true that the prices will be over $4 this summer.:noway:
I think somebody is screwing us:explode: :mad: :angry: :grumble:

Replies

• icandoit
    Options
    OK, this whole gas price thing is out of control. $3.56 per gallon. Too much. We had out Expedition stolen 3 weeks ago, and now I am thinking it was a blessing. It would cost us more than $100 to fill up each week. I am driving a old Mits. Eclipse to save money on gas. It cost me $60.00 to fill up today. I am thinking it is time for another motorcycle or a scooter. I was getting over 48 miles per gallon on my Harley. I sure do miss that. Maybe I should invest in a scooter with a side car for my daughter if it is true that the prices will be over $4 this summer.:noway:
    I think somebody is screwing us:explode: :mad: :angry: :grumble:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    My husband paid 1.20 a litre today here in Canada. There are four litres in a gallon. YIKES!

Oh, and I think that's 1.02 Canadian to $1.00 American. Oooof. Makes me really glad I can take public transit everywhere!:flowerforyou:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I managed to find a place where it was only $3.47. It's really rough, I'm glad I don't drive too much.
  • icandoit
    Options
    I managed to find a place where it was only $3.47. It's really rough, I'm glad I don't drive too much.

I heard that some places in SF are charging $5.00. Is that true?
  • Gorgeous
    Gorgeous Posts: 248
    Options
    3.54 a gallon
    in my convertible it takes me 47 dollars to fill up
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    It is $3.43 here this evening. It went up 4cents just today.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    3.57 a gallon here....I drive a GTO and it just drinks the gas.:grumble:
  • markfloyd
    markfloyd Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm in SW Asia!

.40 a gallon!! Yes, that's forty cents!!
  • pfisher
    pfisher Posts: 28
    Options
    $2.99 in NJ for regular.
  • lcn42781
    lcn42781 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    $2.99/gallon here in Iowa/South Dakota...
  • BeckyMcLendon
    Options
    Ok we are paying $3.19 here in East Texas. It is horrible. We sold our big SUV and got a smaller auto and even IT is costing us over $50 a week to stay on the road! I can only imagine what the big SUV would have cost by now.
  • markfloyd
    markfloyd Posts: 69
    Options
    Oh yes, and I wanted to add, the problem isn't with the oil producing nations or OPEC. Someone needs to take a hard look at who's driving prices on Wall Street!!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    About $3.25/gallon in Vegas. I drive a little Focus, so it only takes $30ish to fill up.
    and i did hear on the news of a station in California (not sure if it was SF) that was selling it for $5.00+
  • adelespears
    Options
    3.15 here south of houston... but in the town that I go my wisdom teeth out this morning it was 3.09
  • christahollis
    Options
    Somebody's screwing us, for sure...and it's us!

We can all gripe and complain...and no doubt, it hurts the pocket book.
    But oil is rapidly being depleted...soon there will be NONE.
    The laws of supply and demand guarantee the price will continue to rise steadily. Take on top of that an "oiled-up" president...the Sr. George was a pioneer in offshore drilling and the whole family is swimming in oil money...and a government generally corrupt--accepting money from wealthy oil interest groups, with long strings attached...
    well prices will rise naturally, and those vultures will make sure of it--they've got to get what they can get while they still have something to sell!

Prices are only going to get worse and worse and worse, and it's our consumption to blame.
  • akinwolf79
    Options
    Well I kinda Hate to reply mine is a little cheaper here in dallas, texas it is about $3.10 a gal.
  • kflammer
    kflammer Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a Suburban and I am thinking of riding my bike everywhere, LOL

It is at $3.22 here (Palm Coast, Florida) today, but tomorrow could be a different story. :sad:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    About $3.25/gallon in Vegas. I drive a little Focus, so it only takes $30ish to fill up.
    and i did hear on the news of a station in California (not sure if it was SF) that was selling it for $5.00+

Almost $.10 a gallon more than when I was there last week!

Yesterday it was $3.14 per gallon....I didn't pay attention today. I'm in the Richmond VA area. Good thing I have a company car, and they pay for the gas. We are looking into buying a smaller car for my husband to drive. The gas in the truck is killing us.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    let's just say that if certian individuals would allow drilling in Alaska, we wouldn't even have to rely on foriegn oil.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 3.17-3.40 just across town.

I don't buy the supply & demand line. When the financial reports come out this year, I guarantee the major oil companies will report yet another "record setting profits" year. Hmm, recession knocking on the door and record profits? Something is wrong with this picture and it's that oil is twice the price per barrell that it was a year or two ago. How 'bout the oil executives take a few-million dollar pay cut so the rest of us can still drive to work!