Yoga?

Options
13»

Replies

• Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sara Ivanhoe's DVDs are great and there are two YouTube channels to check out - "yogayak" and "yogatic" - I swear by yoga and when I'm hurting from an intense workout I make sure to fit some yoga in to help relax, stretch and soothe my muscles.

Sara's are my favorites too. The ones I have are in the Crunch fitness series.
  • tbloor
    tbloor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for stress relief, I used to LOVE AM/PM yoga. A DVD with a short yoga session to wake/warm you up in the AM and another for PM to relieve the stress of the day.
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Here's a great site you might like... http://www.yogatic.com/

She also has a facebook page at... http://www.facebook.com/EkhartYoga

I was going to recommend this page too. She's my favorite instructor on the net... I love Esther!
  • Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Denise Austin dvd is very good. You can get it online and at Target and Wal-Mart.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have a Lululemon store near you - they actually do some free yoga classes - my local one has classes on a Wed and Sat....

http://www.lululemon.com/community/giftofyoga
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I did yoga in University... and HATED it. But I have started doing it again (5 years later), and I actually enjoy it. I do very simple moves and have a 15 min video I do 5 nights a week. I feel much less tense because of it. So I've learned to love it for how it stretches me out.
  • BerylX
    BerylX Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Bump! Lots of great resources listed here!!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Bump! I love, love, love yoga -- do it on my lunch breaks sometimes -- and definitely want to check some of these out!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    bumpitty bump !
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    There are a whole bunch of yoga DVD's out there, and I'm sure there are yoga classes near you too.

I think at least a few sessions of a live class is worthwhile.

As far as DVDs go, I have a bunch from Gaiam and from BodyWisdom, and they are pretty good.
  • branflake5
    Options
    If you have cable you can go ondemand to the exercise and fitness section and there are a ton of free videos you can try :)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Gaiam Yoga. . is awesome. . I do an AM/PM tape at night, and totally love it. . It feels great after working out hard. One of the other yoga dvds that I got was a 10 min workout dvd from walmart. There are five different segments on there for different things then you can mix and match and customize what you would like to do the yoga for. . .
  • murraycharlie
    Options
    i like rodney yee. he recently came out with a dvd called "daily yoga." i like his intermediate yoga and power yoga too. also, sarah ivanhoe "yoga on the edge" is good - more challenging than rodney yee. they both film a lot of their dvds in nature, which i way prefer to a studio setting.