Sister Wives

Options
t_rog
t_rog Posts: 363 Member
Ok, so I just discovered this show (because it's now on Netflix!) and I am so fascinated. I cannot stop watching!! I could never do it personally, but I can kinda see how it would work for some people. I realize this is fairly controversial but....what do you all think of it? Mainly just talking about the show here, if you've seen it..

Replies

• peachey007
    Options
    I just googled it... Wow! Haven't seen it. It hasn't been screened here in NZ.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    :noway: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :blushing: :bigsmile: As a man, I approve of this!:tongue::happy: :wink:
  • peachey007
    Options
    There was a show on here a few years ago called Big Love, and I thought it was a bit of a stretch, but Sisters Wives seems to be real life.
  • _hardGAINER_
    Options
    I envy that show
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    There was a show on here a few years ago called Big Love, and I thought it was a bit of a stretch, but Sisters Wives seems to be real life.

I LOOOOVED that show!!
  • _hardGAINER_
    Options
    :noway: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :blushing: :bigsmile: As a man, I approve of this!:tongue::happy: :wink:

awesome weightloss
  • peachey007
    Options

I LOOOOVED that show!!

I did too, but they only ran it for a couple of seasons over here, then they canned it. I guess it was a bit too controversial for our audiences.

It had some great actors.
  • andreacord
    Options
    I honestly liked it. No doubt its controversial but I think they're in love and make it work .. haven't watched past the first season though because I forgot about it for awhile and just don't have the patience to try to snag a TV in the lounge at college .. people here get pissy if you change the channel on them
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I love the show. Lifestyle is not for me but I think it's pretty interesting!
  • snowpony
    snowpony Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    They show it on TLC in South Africa. It's very interesting and is a new concept to me. I also watched them on Oprah and I didn't like the the fact that the husband had a problem with the wife wanting another lover. I mean the husband already has 4. I feel the husband is a bit weird. I don't approve of it for me but it makes an entertaining watch.
  • stoutyswifey
    Options
    I actually live about 10 minutes from where they lived in Utah (Lehi) I'm also pretty amazed by the show and watched all of the episodes on Netflix. I myself would never do anything like that, (I have enough on my plate with just my husband haha) but it's pretty interesting to see how they live and function in their daily lives.
  • amymaria91
    Options
    It was aired on Discovery Realtime over here and I couldn't stop watching it. It was so interesting to see how they all functioned. Personally I don't think I would be able to live that kind of life but if it works for them then I don't see a problem with it
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I watch the show all the time.........honestly I think it's selfish of the parents, the children are the ones who are affected the most. Do not want to spoil anything in case you decide to watch the show. It is a good show make sure you watch i from the beginning.
  • springfield5780
    Options
    i LOVE THE SHOW!!!!!! I could never do it....but sometimes I wish I had other women to spend time with the hubz when he wants to be cuddly and I just wanna watchTV LOL
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options

Sister Wives is real, they're all over the news in Utah. I also lived just 10-15 minutes away from where they lived and I even saw one of the wives with some of her kids in a local Walmart. I get hooked on that show too, even though I could never live that way. To each their own I guess.
  • saartje1982
    saartje1982 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like the show too but that man is a little bit odd. I can't put my finger on it. Sometimes it looks like they're "playing" the big happy family.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I want some brother-husbands. Now taking applications.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I like the show too but that man is a little bit odd. I can't put my finger on it. Sometimes it looks like they're "playing" the big happy family.

I too think he's a bit odd. I totally get the concept and it can work fine if everyone respects each other and understands the practicality of their situation.

I was on a short segment of a tv show, and by far it doesn't make me an authority but it did open my eyes as to what can go on with producing a show. I did one of those Pawn Stars type shows where you bring in a item for appraisal or sale and they film you interacting with the shop. We did three different scenarios and they later decided which one to air. I didn't know which version until I actually saw the episode on tv. Version 1..we haggled over price and it was 'no sale'. Version 2..we haggled over price and I 'sold' the item. Version 3...the shop was not interested in my item. I had no intention of selling, I just wanted an appraisal. On tv it looks like I sold it for like half price. But the item is still in my house! :laugh:

Perhaps this show is a bit of that...some reality, some post-production editing.

Its one thing to believe and live that lifestyle...its completely another thing to go public with it on tv. Can you say "Kate + 8"?
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I have watched it, pretty crazy and interesting? Anything not in your norm, seems kinds interesting. However, I could never do it, I am an only child and never played well with others or share well..lol Whatever works for people is cool. Just not 4 me.
    Also that show there adults. I hate that when their marrying kids, that just sick!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

What about when they're on TOM??:laugh: