when and how often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Just want to get some ideas

Replies

• cdemoura14
    Options
    I use to do it once a week on a Friday. Now typically, I do 2-3x a week in the morning. I don't worry about .5-1lb variations though since I weigh myself in that much..but i found for myself if was a good way to keep myself accountable. everyone's different though!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I know you're not suppose to and I honestly don't care but I do it every day.
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I weigh in to track on Mondays but I weigh every morning, the same time and in the same clothing to keep myself accountable. It means I know what is "real" weight and what is water/other stuff.
  • Andylee63
    Andylee63 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday after a good beasting session..
    Or should I say Last Chance Workout...

Sometimes weigh mid week too, but don't take notice of that reading...
  • shellyhurst
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, usually on a Monday first thing in the morning, right when I get out of bed. I also try to weigh with the same type of clothes on, because different clothes weigh more or less and will affect the scale. :smile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every time I'm near a scale, even those scales in the pharmacy.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Thursdays, first thing in the morning, naked after using the toilet.

Sometimes when I'm at the gym I'll hop on that scale out of curiosity, but I never log that number.
  • yummummum
    Options
    I weigh every day. I watch the scale go up and down. It can be frustrating BUT I was finding that when I did once a week I didn't always lose and that was worse! For some odd reason, I tend to lose on a 10 day- 2 week cycle. SO I will drop -2.5 pounds then hover around that weight for a while then drop again. I hated the weekly weigh in bc I would stay on plan all week and sometimes not lose! or worse be up .5 or a pound. By weighing every day I can at least know that my body goes up and down 2-3 pounds daily. I drink tons of water and have very low sodium. But I guess this is what my body does!
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am an obsessive weigher. I weigh several times a day. Don't get upset/discouraged or too excited about fluctuations, just like to keep on top of the weight thing and see how what I eat the day before/during the day effects my weight.
  • imjustvalerie
    imjustvalerie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every day and write it on a calendar in my bathroom.... but i only count my friday weigh ins... getting on the scale every morning helps to keep my honest with myself... but i dont freak out if i'm up or down a couple pounds throughout the week.
  • FlackAttack55
    FlackAttack55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do it once a day at the same time each day (after i get up from sleeping & post bathroom break).

Should really only do it once a week or so, so that you avoid fluctuations with water retainment but that is why i try to consistently do it first thing in the morning before i eat or add anything that might change my results.
  • LovingRessa50
    LovingRessa50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well to be honest the scale isn't a good thing to do that often because you may get discourage because you may be losing inches and gaining muscles which weigh more than fat; so my previous nutritionist recommend you do it 2x a month, but I only weigh myself once a month. I can tell a different in my weigh lost by my clothes. Just my opinion.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    one or two times a month
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the first Saturday of each month - first thing in the morning.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I don't log in a weight loss until the scale says the same thing 2 consecutive days in a row.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have been trying or intending to only weigh in on Sunday/Monday morning, naked, after going to the bathroom. Thats my tracking weight. However i have been weighing daily, particularly this week. Like others said, i want to just get a feel for what is my normal fluctuation and such. This week i added some intense cardio workouts, and i am not seeing loss, but i think that is to be expected with my muscles holding on to more water, etc.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see so many other people who are like me!! I tend to weigh every morning. Like others have said, it keeps me accountable for my choices and helps me to see the impact of what I have done the day before. I will only count and log the monday morning weight. It may be a little obsessive, but knowing during the day that I will have to get on the scale the next morning helps me to make the right choices...
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Every morning before I hop in the shower. I only log weekly, but I like to keep an eye on it all week so I don't freek out if I'm heavier on my weigh-in day because I ate a lot of salt or was constipated or something.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale several times a day because I like seeing the fluctuations for some reason (as much as 5+ pounds throughout the course of a single day) but only record once a week.
    My "official" weigh in is done as soon as I get up in the morning, strip naked, and empty my bladder. It's usually on Saturday mornings but sometimes on Friday mornings.
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    whenever i randomly feel like it lol