xmas dinner in a resturnat

Options
im going for a cavery xmas dinner tonight just wondering how do i logg it???

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Find a similar food in the database.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    guestimate and do a quick add calorie. When in doubt I just put 1500 and carry on with my life. I don't do it often (twice ever to be honest) but life is short. Enjoy;)
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Take a photo of your plate of food, then enjoy your meal and forget about the calories until you get home. You can look at your photo to guesstimate portion sizes and find similar foods in the database. The photo also ensures you don't forget about something and you don't have to be rude logging right then and there.
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Take a photo of your plate of food, then enjoy your meal and forget about the calories until you get home. You can look at your photo to guesstimate portion sizes and find similar foods in the database. The photo also ensures you don't forget about something and you don't have to be rude logging right then and there.

i like this idea thanks
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Is it a chain restaurant with more than 20 in the chain? If it is they should have their nutritional information on their website.
  • andy_gilfrin
    Options
    I tend to just think what was included and add each item individually. So 25g of peas, 100g of roast potatoes and so on.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Just type this in: Crown Carveries - Full Roast Dinner! there's already nutr. info in the database.

PS> you dont have to be exact with this logging, that'd take a while (unless, like me, you are extremely determined to get it spot-on, in which case, put for example: 3 large roast potatoes, chicken Leg, or lamb shank, bread sauce, gravy etc all in seperately)

Is it a serve-yourself carvery? If so, stick to more veg, less carbs and no skin or fat on the meat
  • Julie2402
    Options
    Hi, log the different foods you have and guess approximately the amount you have, most of all ENJOY!!!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

Great idea!! I never thought it doing it this way.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    dinner is the least of your worries....

when you talk about Christmas, please dont use "x" as the begining.....

as respect to what the word is and the holiday is ...

Its spelled CHRISTMAS ! not with an x