The May 2009 Challenge

Options

Replies

• BOOPIS67
    BOOPIS67 Posts: 19
    Options
    Count me in. I'm going to Bermuda the end of July and would love to have at least 15 lbs off.
  • losinglynn
    Options
    Count me in please! I'm new to MFP and SO need this challenge. I want to be under 190lbs by 05/31/2009. That's approx 9lbs. I know I can do it!! :smile:

Thanks for organizing it all!
  • LoveDollie
    Options
    Let's Do This!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Yay only one more day!!!
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I need challenges to stay on track! can't wait!!
  • deannaboo
    deannaboo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    please count me in I really need a push this month!:glasses:
  • yesicon2
    yesicon2 Posts: 4
    Options
    This is just what I've been looking for! I'd like to lose a little and improve my over all health.
  • Karaboo
    Karaboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm excited--this will be my first challenge :smile:
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm new and would love to join this challenge!!! I need all the motivation and help I can get! :smile:
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    Count me in! Thursday is my weigh day, so I should have a brand new spankin' weight to kick off with on May 1 (Friday). I've been doing a lot of work with weights at the gym, so being down 5 pounds for the month would be a dream!
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    WOO HOO!! Only 1.5 days left! YAY YAY YAY! I will start a new thread on Friday AM and post it in this thread! Remember once you post once, you will forever have the topic on "my topics" at the top of your screen, so it is super easy to find!

What are some of your goals to achieve this month of May?

-Lose 5 lbs
    -Be able to do cardio for 1 hour at a time without stopping
    -Finish this semester of school!
    -Get organized and move :-)
    -Stay on top of things and DONT GIVE UP!
  • psychojenn
    Options
    ok yes! found this thread the day before may, lucky me lol
    i really need to get back on track.. been sick for a couple weeds but all better now:bigsmile:
  • bonniebgood
    bonniebgood Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Count me in also. I want to lose 20 lbs. by July 10th, so maybe this will help with the motivation.
  • afoster4
    afoster4 Posts: 38
    Options
    I am ready for the challenge!!!! Im moving to NYC in june so gotta stay motivated the month before, hopefully i dont have a hard time with finals and graduations :noway: im getting stressed :ohwell: But im ready to set a goal and accomplish it
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Gettin' close! Haha.

My goal... well, from this, I would love to weigh 200 lbs by the end of it. I'm hovering around 209 right now, so it might be ambitious of me. But if I can do it, that'd be awesome! I'll be happy with any weight loss though. I just kinda hit a slump the last few days because I was in limbo, living at another friend's place on their couch and avoiding buying groceries because it's not my place and all this stuff, so I've been eating out a lot, but I haven't been eating excessively either. And I was walking to work at a moderate pace for about 40 minutes, so that helped with exercise. And I came home, weighed myself during the middle of the day (when I last weighed, it was in the morning sans clothes, without having eaten or having had a shower) after I'd eaten a big lunch and stuff and I was wearing clothes, and I only weighed 211, so that must mean I'm still 209 at the most, I'm guessing.
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Oh my goodness! We have quite the following! Are all of you ready for the commitment to yourselves?! I will be posting the new thread connection Friday morning. I live in California so it will be my time... I hope you all don't mind! I may actually post the thread tomorrow night for those of you who will hit Friday before me! :-) We will start the challenge on May 1 and go until May 31... if by then there is still a demand for the challenge we will continue on! I like going month by month... it is a ton easier! and we are always taking new members!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Yeah!!! :laugh: Count me in too!!! My CW is 255 and my GW for the end of the challenge is 247. I want to lose at least 8lbs!!! :tongue: I'm excited!!! :smooched: :bigsmile: I'll touch base tomorrow for our first day. What is our first week's challenge???
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    Count me in, too. My current weight is 250.4 and my goal weight for the end of May is 246. Kind of conservative, but better than nothing, I guess. Thanks for starting up this post. I am still fairly new to the MFP thing and think the amount of support y'all offer here is awesome. Good luck to everyone.
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    OK, I've got my start weight for our challenge tomorrow, so here are my goals for May:

Start Weight: 177.4
    Weight Goal: 172 (5.6 pounds)
    Fitness Goal: Successfully get at least 1 hour of exercise in 6 days each week, after the first weekend (have a three day "gym vacation" planned May 1-3, so will make up for it the rest of the month!) I think maybe I'll treat myself like a 2 year old and make a little "sticker chart" for all the days I go. :laugh:

I'd also like to be at a level where I am mostly jogging instead of mostly walking on the treadmill and on my lunchtime trips to the gym by the end of May.
  • AndreaRBell
    Options
    Hi,

A friend introduced me to this site today and i think it is wonderful!!! I would like to join your May challenge.:smile:

My goal for May will be 11 pounds. I'm weighing in today at 171 lbs, and hope to be 160 by May 31st. Realizing that healthy weight loss is about 1 lb. and a half a week... I'll be happy with 6 lbs., but lets shoot for the stars!

Apple