i am here and trying!

Options
:blushing: i am a mother with a weight problem. i've been over weight my whole life. lol born 11lbs 7oz!!!! just kept getting bigger. but i am doing something about it now. i've tried all sorts of fad diets in the past. but now i'm trying a lifestyle change. please wish me luck:flowerforyou:

198409.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• carrie1
    carrie1 Posts: 8
    Options
    :blushing: i am a mother with a weight problem. i've been over weight my whole life. lol born 11lbs 7oz!!!! just kept getting bigger. but i am doing something about it now. i've tried all sorts of fad diets in the past. but now i'm trying a lifestyle change. please wish me luck:flowerforyou:

198409.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    Welcome. I'm new too and I think this is a great place to be! I've come to the conclusion that logging your food BEFORE you eat it is a great idea.... it makes you much more aware of what you're actually consuming. Good luck!
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You figured out the ticker already, so you're well on your way!!!

Welcome to MFP - it really is a terrific site, and if you use it, it will change the way you think about and eat food, and monitor yourself so that you can figure out what your goals really are.

Good luck on your journey!!

:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • carrie1
    carrie1 Posts: 8
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i love being able to look at menus to places and figuring out what i'm going to eat ahead of time. my son is into sports and we are on the go all the time and tend to eat out a lot especially during the week so this will help a lot. the excersise log is great to it motivates me to keep doing more! thank you for your support!:happy:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    welcome

luck has nothing to do with it at all

it takes hard work and well thought out food choices

enjoy the ride
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hi Carrie,
    Welcome to MFP. There are so many great tools here to help you on your journey. I made losing weight my number one priority and it has made all the difference. If you work at this, you can succeed.

Take it one day at a time
    Be openminded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink a lot of water :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This is the best website ever. I love it here and I think you will too. This website is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: