Wal-Mart Greeter

Options
So after landing my new job as a Wal-Mart greeter, a good find for many retirees, I lasted less than a day.
About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance. I said pleasantly, 'Good morning and welcome to Wal-Mart.
Nice children you have there. Are they twins?' The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, 'Hell no, they ain't twins. The oldest one's 9, and the other one's 7. Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or stupid?'
So I replied, 'I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am, I just couldn't believe someone slept with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.' My supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I really hope that's a true story!
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! i'd have been thinkin up that response for at least 30 min. and losing the job might have been worth it.lol
  • Debo186015
    Debo186015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In my line of work, I run across these people daily. I have so wanted to say something to them like this. I need my job, though. Thanks for doing it for me. Horray!!!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Ma'am, I just couldn't believe someone slept with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.' My supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work :laugh: :laugh:

LMAO! Go you!!!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    He he he! I wish I had your wit!
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    that's so funny! Sorry about the job, but you can do better anyways.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    And delivered so politely.
  • mummyv811
    Options
    LOVE THIS!!!! WTG! :D
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Lol, I love this one, my friend had this posted on Facebook the other day, cracks me up....
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I really hope that's a true story!
    It's an old joke.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ****kin hilarious!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Yeah, getting insulted isn't your line of work! WTF! Good job!!!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    omg this is FANTASTIC. i really hope its true. I love the greeters at walmart, a few of the ones at the store I go to are sooooo nice :):)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    So after landing my new job as a Wal-Mart greeter, a good find for many retirees, I lasted less than a day.
    About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance. I said pleasantly, 'Good morning and welcome to Wal-Mart.
    Nice children you have there. Are they twins?' The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, 'Hell no, they ain't twins. The oldest one's 9, and the other one's 7. Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or stupid?'
    So I replied, 'I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am, I just couldn't believe someone slept with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.' My supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work :laugh: :laugh:

Bless you for saying something. it probably won't get through her stupid skull how abusive she was being but you attempted to help!!! Kudos to you!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    That's an old joke!
  • LynnieSkinny
    Options
    LMAO!!! This is so funny!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    That's an old joke!

Was so hoping it was a true story!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    aw man, bet that felt amazing! we all dream of the day... lol
  • Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    LOL thats awesome. Sometimes I wished I could tell my clients how I really feel about them :) Sorry about the job though
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: My hero......:heart: