Run, fat girl, run!

Options
2»

Replies

• teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I agree with allot of ppl on here. I drive to town on a highway that has a very steep long hill. Throughout the summer,and even up until yesterday, I see a lady on it. At the beginning she was walking it. I looked over to my daughter and said "wow, you know she is working it! I would die if I tried doing this road". We see her out on that hwy all the time. Now she runs it, and you know what? Every time we see her I wish I had a big sign to hang out the window and tell her how fantastic she is :-). I can tell you, that is what most ppl are thinking. That you are taking control, and more power to you. You might even inspire others :-)
    Great job girl
    Jac
  • Sweet_Southern_Tea
    Options
    So many people run, jog, or walk in my neighborhood it's so normal. We need "slow down for runners" signs instead of kids playing; LOL!! Don't let your mind trick you or sike you out! I'm so proud of you!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I live in a neighbor hood with lots of joggers, walkers, etc - I see them daily in all shapes and sizes - no one is gawking at anyone - I actually feel happy when I see someone trying to better themselves.

Jogging/running is mental I think. I do better when I tune everything out except the music and making it to the next street light (my route is filled with lights, I don't have to stop but cars do) - I keep saying one more light... one more light... I am wonderwoman, what would the bionic woman do???? Would she stop?? NO etc lol - and it works - I went 4 miles last night, haven't run over 5k in months. Keep thinking you are unstoppable!!!! And you CAN do it!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have that same chip on mine. I constantly feel like people are looking at me in my classes on the gym, judging me. It sucks to have insecurities, but at least you are out there. Eventually you will stop thinking about the other people as you get more comfortable with what you are doing and keep pushing yourself.

Great job, keep it up.
  • jillybaby86
    jillybaby86 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I too have the same issues. Even at the gym I feel like people stare at me or think what am I doing there... yikes, I hate that feeling!
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    So, I started Couch to 5K last night. It was great, but in my neighborhood there is a lot of traffic. I was super annoyed that it seemed like every time it was time to run a car seemed to come around the corner and inevitably they all slowed down with their lights shining on me. I'm sure it's my own lack of self confidence, but seriously I felt like I was being gawked at. I wanted to put a sign on my back that said "What? Never seen a fat girl run?" Yikes. Someone has a chip on their shoulder (me).
    Ever feel like that or am I just a crazy woman?

OMG get outta my head!!! I have been contemplating running and worried about how it would look for someone my size to run. I'm down 40 pounds from working out and I feel ready to do it but psyching myself out. Silly I know but it's my reality, so much so that I bought a treadmill to begin running on because I am self conscience. I will run and someday soon I'll be ready to run outside with the whole world to see me do it. :flowerforyou:

Slainte!
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Warning - tough love alert...

Listen, the sooner you stop worrying about what other people think, the sooner you'll begin to shed those extra pounds. They are only slowing down to avoid hitting you anyways. We all think that the world revolves around us, but it doesn't. Nobody really cares, but YOU should. Care enough to put THAT aside and focus on what's important.

note: easier said than done, but I can honestly say I don't give 2 sh!ts about what other people think of me. I know I'm a good person, and I know I am working hard, and I know that I deserve to be happy and healthy! You should too!!

xo
  • mrsbevi
    Options
    I am in the same place that you are, I hate working out in front of people and feel even worse when I see the other people that are running are already skinny people. I'm glad to know that i'm not the only one that feels like everyone is watching me when i'm exercising especially running!
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I feel that way even if I am not running and I am just walking! To me they are saying " yeah thats right fat girl you need to be walking" .