How did you find MyFitnessPal?

Options
I went in to my Dr for my yearly physical back in August. My doctor told me that I really needed to drop some weight. He told me about MFP. It took me over a month to actual sign in, but I am so glad that I did!

Replies

• kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    that is cool. i wish my doctor would.

my story is kind of cheesy, but i am following a celeb on twitter and he mentioned mfp-and here i am
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a food diary app and it was listed in the marketplace for my phone.
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My son saw me tracking calories in a notebook and turned me on to the phone app. I haven't looked back!
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    that is cool. i wish my doctor would.

my story is kind of cheesy, but i am following a celeb on twitter and he mentioned mfp-and here i am

Thats not cheesy at all!
  • kathas0trophal
    Options
    My son saw me tracking calories in a notebook and turned me on to the phone app. I haven't looked back!

that is so surportive you have a great son
  • kathas0trophal
    Options

that is so surportive you have a great son
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    My nutritionist told me about it.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed Dr.'s/nutritionists recommend this site. Very cool.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i was searching for calorie counters on my android phone.. mfp was one of 3 i tried and i liked it best because it had a barcode scanner and ran faster than the others lol i didnt even check out the website for almost a year after i think
  • weezie0821
    weezie0821 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My sister turned me on to MFP!!!......THANK YOU TRACY!!!
  • kerrylou45
    kerrylou45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    someone on facebook was trying to lose weight and a friend of their's mentioned it. I went and had a look and I liked the look of it. Thanks heaps Melissa! :flowerforyou:
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I stumbled across it first as an app for my phone :-) it wasn't until about 2 weeks after downloading on my phone that I realized it was also online :-)
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    A News websites Daily Deal.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    A good friend lost 80 lbs. using MFP. That's all the inspiration I needed :happy:
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    guy at my job..
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I was reading a magezine and it said online support helps.. it reccomended another site.. i made alot of friends there and one of them suggested another site instead so I was there and made a few friends when one of them suggested this site.. and I have stayed here ever since.. infact i cant even remember what the other sites where or who it was..
  • Rodgers2008
    Options
    I was looking through apps for health on my phone and found MFP...I'm so glad I did!
  • Maryee71
    Maryee71 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    It was mentioned in Woman's World magazine.:smile:
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed Dr.'s/nutritionists recommend this site. Very cool.

I wonder if my doctor is actually on here
  • MayGetsHealthy
    Options
    I have a blog on tumblr and quite a few people I follow had one too!