How did you find MyFitnessPal?

Options

Replies

• redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    I was searching for a calorie counter on my phone so I could take it along wherever I go and it came up and I am glad it did. I don't get bored with it.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    2 college friends actually told me about this site and they were starting this journey too and thought it would be a great way to stay connected over the miles!!!

26 lbs down and forever grateful!!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    a friend I used to work with, recommended it. Thanks Laura!
  • anniewinter
    Options
    I was looking for food/exercise trackers because I had to record my food, I found it in the iTunes store.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a calorie counter on my ipod apps in Spring 2010...messed with it for a few weeks, then gained 20 lbs.
    in Spring 2011 I revisited the app and found out I could use it online, and add friends!

&Here I am now :wink:
  • clintondene
    clintondene Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was a smoker and eatting poorly, my coworker at work showed me her new phone and had this app on it. I like that you could count your cals, I didn't realize it was a whole community. I started getting friends and keeping track and I started having my friends push me. I became inspired by them and kept counting calories, then it took me to the gym and started counting my burns and cardio and weight lifting. I got me a trainner now. I have stopped smoking and spend most of my free time on MFP reading about health. I have lost lots of weight and now gainning muscle and love my freinds on MFP, I have never met them in life but I am so greatful for the motivation and insperation they give me. I used to be a facebooker and now i haven't been on facebook for weeks. Its been 3 months since i have found MFP and i haven't been this happy in a long time. :)
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Found it on my phone back in January but didn't realize it was a website until September, which is when I actually started getting serious.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    My bf told me about it, was one of the best decisions I ever made. Also, told my sister and a couple of gfs about it too!
  • mauigyrl
    mauigyrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That is so cool. It's been over 2 weeks and I already lost nearly 10 lbs. I have found my motivation here. Thank God It showed up, LOL!!
  • mauigyrl
    Options
    My bf told me about it, was the one of the best decisions I ever made. Also, told my sister and a couple of gfs about it too!

I got my husband on it this week and a few of my girlfriends. It is alot of fun!!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I saw that it was a free app and I downloaded it. Only tried it a few weeks later. The rest is history.
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My friend from another forum posted about it so I gave it a look see. Thanks Sheri!
  • mauigyrl
    Options
    My cousin started this and suggested it to me.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Read it in the Cooking Light letter from the editor several issues back!
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I had gone to a nutritionalist after my vacation and lost 14 lbs., she recommended this site to me.....

12117749.png
  • kellyjamespro
    kellyjamespro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Saw someones hashtag on twitter like everyday and I was like I want to see what thats about! I have been addicted every since..
  • isherryb
    isherryb Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    An ad on Facebook
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    that is cool. i wish my doctor would.

my story is kind of cheesy, but i am following a celeb on twitter and he mentioned mfp-and here i am

what celeb!?
  • mkmacf
    mkmacf Posts: 101
    Options
    My wonderful coworker/friend!
  • sunnyd52
    Options
    A Facebook friend told me about it :love: