Help going out to dinner!!

Options
Hoping I can have some help here....I have been so good since joining and have lost 3.6 kilos in threeish weeks. Tonight i am going out for dinner - i have the menu but have no idea what to have. Its a steak house type thing but im more of a chicken girl. My options are:

Chicken Cesar Salad - Fresh baby cos lettuce, crispy lean bacon, parmesan cheese,
seasoned croutons and topped with a creamy Caesar dressing
and a poached egg. (I would add the chicken - i know its not the best salad but how many calories would be in this?)

Chicken Schnitzel Parmigiana - Crumbed chicken breast schnitzel topped with ham, Napoli sauce
mozzarella.

There is a fish dish as well but im not a big fish fan and I really want to enjoy myself but its doing my head in not being able to work out the calories! Ideas...advice?!

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I would search the database and find something similar to compare the calorie counts. Both of those items are fairly high calorie, but if you go over today, it won't be the end of the world. Just hit your target tomorrow. Don't stress.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Go for the salad. Dressing on the side, ditch the croutons. Dab your fork in the dressing and put a little bit on your salad to give it the flavor.
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Go for the salad. Dressing on the side, ditch the croutons. Dab your fork in the dressing and put a little bit on your salad to give it the flavor.

agree!
  • chelbean23
    chelbean23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks I might just do that! I've been searching but they arent seeming like they are enough calories for the salad? Think the highest one i got was 330 and that just doesnt seem right?

Reading the description the caesar salad the worst things are the croutons and the dressing!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I would just get something I would enjoy and not worry about it. Going out to dinner should be a chance to get something good and special that you wouldn't normally have. You could always box up part of your meal for tomorrow.
  • kloquinn
    Options
    Honestly I'd get a steak. If you do it without sauces & sauteed mushrooms a small filet is actually pretty reasonable and you'll be full. The salad sounds like it's probably loaded with fat & calories (I've gotten really burned on salads before), and you probably won't be very full. Watch the drinks too - wine is a lot more calories than I realized! Hopefully you can get a steamed or fresh vegetable as a side, although even a plain baked potato isn't too bad. Good luck!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    The chicken cesar salad is a great option.
    Ask them not to put any crutons on. I like the idea of the dressing on the side, they are usually high in the bad fats.
    I sometimes ask for an extra egg to fill it up. Good protein!
    A steak and salad is also a good option.
    Don't be tempted by chips or garlic bread!
    I'm also going out tonight,, Chardonnay spritzers with soda water I'm thinking.
    Have a lovely time.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want and don't worry about it. One meal won't ruin your diet. Don't let worrying about food screw with your evening out.
  • chelbean23
    chelbean23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great advice! Will see what I feel like having when I get there! I have been pretty good and this is my first indulgence so to speak so i am just going to enjoy it and get what i feel like having - within reason.