Free Day?

Options
2»

Replies

• VinVenture
    Options
    I don't have a set cheat day, but if I have a lot of cravings that don't blow over, I indulge them. Moderately.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I dont have a set cheat day, but if there's a special celebration such as a birthday or wedding, then I wont count the calories that day. On average that would be once a month.
  • irishjd
    irishjd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow these people who don't enjoy a treat now and again I would literally die! Hahah! I have one day a week where I eat basically what I want but as others have said even though I want chocolate I go for the dark option or if I want something salty I go for some lightly salted nuts... There is always a healthier option available and one which will still fill those cravings! Alot of people have what's called a "spike day" where you double your calorie intake and it tricks your metabolism into working harder again! In my opinion if you are being good for the rest of the week and working out then go for it have a day off! I do and its working for me... I know a few people who had hit a wall with their weight loss and were stuck at the same weight and by adding in a spike day starting losing Again. So enjoy your one day a week! :)
  • chiefinkorea
    Options
    I don't set aside a certain day every week but if something comes up (and it does fairly regualrly), I go with it. I'm glad I'm doing this and making some progress but I don't want it to take over my life and stop me from enjoying drinks, or certain foods now and again.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Instead of a treat day I just leave space for a treat like a chocolate bar or a cupcake. If I want something I will make sure it fits in with my calorie limit. Like others have said if I had a cheat day it would turn into a cheat week, then a cheat month then I would be back where I started again. I just don't have the will power at the moment. Perhaps when I have reached my goal I will allow a few more treats, as long as they are worked off. I think it depends on the individual and whether you feel you can go back to eating properly after a treat day.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes and sometimes I don't it just depends. Lately I really don't have a desire to eat a lot or go way over so I am always in range but I have heard that if you have a cheat day it can actually help bump up your metabolism :) I know I did that quite a lot before :)
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    So I really need help. Many people say that have one free day is the best way to go because it helps you stick with the diet; as saying you wont give up because you can enjoy those awesome things once in awhile.

I was just curious what everybody else does. Do you guys do one free day once a week?- and get whatever you want?

Depends on what you mean by "free day"... eat as much/whatever you want? Then nope :) Everything in moderation when you please. Oftentimes there are healthier choices for when you're craving those brownies/chinese take out/etc but it takes a little research and work making that food yourself.

However, I take a day "off" every 5-7 days or so from logging my food. Often that day will fall on my "off" day from busting *kitten* at the gym as well. Helps me mentally to take a break. I also won't sweat it at social obligations, I just make as healthy as a choice as I can do (be it at restaurants, house get-together, etc).
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    man i'm 50lbs down and i still cheat every evening, i'm a sucker cos i have to work extra hard just so i CAN cheat but right now its still worth it!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    man i'm 50lbs down and i still cheat every evening, i'm a sucker cos i have to work extra hard just so i CAN cheat but right now its still worth it!
    If you're eating within or at your goals you will lose weight. It never hurts to indulge on items you enjoy and I, myself, do plenty. I had an 840 calorie sandwich for lunch yesterday and it was delicious. I'm still right on target with my goals.