hi newbie here

Options
Hi my name is Jeanette, i came across this site by chance, i are hopefully preparing for gastric surgery and need to lose 15kg by February, I would be grateful for any tips and support anyone can give me, good luck to anyone out there setting on a change your eating habits for life programme.

Replies

• Sunlight2011
    Sunlight2011 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey Jeanette. There's great support here so use it. Try as best as you can to stick to the calories they set out for you. Notice what triggers you to want to eat the bad stuff and try to deal with that. And feel free to add me as a friend and I'll do my best to support you.
  • dclassi1
    Options
    My fitness pal has been a God send for my journey to healthy, and it can do the same for you.
    The best part is being able to download the application to my phone, so while I'm out with friends or at work, I can put my calories in. Also the bar code feature, you can scan your grocery items. However the most incredible thing about my fitness pal, is the SUPPORT;-) Everyone that I have encountered here have been extremely motivational, which makes this journey easier. The people on this site understand the battle that we face on a day to day basis. You can add me as a friend if you'd like. Good luck on your weight loss journey:flowerforyou:
  • netty1959
    Options
    hi hun thanks for the reply, i would love to have you as a friend hopefully we can share tips recipes and ideas look forward to hearing from you
    many thanks Jeanette
  • netty1959
    Options
    hi hun thanks for the reply, i would appreciate a bit of support and motivation i would love to accept you as a friend good luck with the weight loss
    Jeanette
  • tawanda25
    tawanda25 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new too. I have tried some of the guidelines of the 17 day diet. I lost 12 pounds on it in about 6 weeks. The progress has slowed since Thanksgiving because I did cheat a little (of course). I am back at the weight I was before Thanksgiving and trying to get back into the routine.