• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Love my hybrid - had one since 2001!

It's about 3.10 here in central Texas.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    It ranges from $3.09 - $3.19 here in Billings, MT. Probably will all be $3.19 soon. :frown:
  • cegeland
    cegeland Posts: 25
    Options
    1.09 per litre here in Lethbridge as of today about 4.36 a gallon.
  • jesusgrl14
    jesusgrl14 Posts: 250
    Options
    I'm thinking of buying a Rikshaw. Now, if I can only find some poor schlup to pull me around.

:laugh: :laugh:

It's about $3.15 here in the Texas Hill Country. Luckily, I live at the camp I work at, so I don't have too much driving to do. If I go into Austin too much it gets really expensive but I don't go but about once every week and a half or so. I have pretty much given up hope in any relief and :ohwell: the people running the oil companies giving a crap about the rest of us. Oh well!
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    3.99 - 4.02 in some parts of cali
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    My husband paid 1.20 a litre today here in Canada. There are four litres in a gallon. YIKES!

Oh, and I think that's 1.02 Canadian to $1.00 American. Oooof. Makes me really glad I can take public transit everywhere!:flowerforyou:

It's about the same here (In Nova Scotia Canada) it's $1.18 right now and set to go UP on Friday.
    That means we're paying out the BUTT for gas.......ugh!! That's almost $5.00 a gallon!!!
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    $3.21 here in Vegas.
  • motheroftwoboys
    Options
    Here in Indiana is went up to 3.41 a gallon. Thank goodness I filled up Monday. :happy:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I can get gas for as low as 3.03 here in Wyoming - home of the infamous Jonah Field. Google it sometime. Used to have the cleanest air in the country and now there are health alerts telling children not to play outside because of the pollution. Not to mention all of the wildlife that have been displaced.
    Do not get me started on this nation's dependency on oil, coal bed methane, etc. Ethanol is not the answer, nor is drilling in Alaska and displacing even more wildlife... Congrats to anyone with a hybrid or a bike. I put 3000 miles on my car a year and that includes a road trip.

www.uppergreen.org/library/docs/Jonah_factsheet.pdf
  • momathome
    momathome Posts: 72
    Options
    I am paying $1.05 (last time I checked) /litre and in the city it was $1.08/litre. I own two cars and a truck. I REALLY dislike filling all of them especially the truck!!!
  • kimd983
    kimd983 Posts: 39
    Options
    3.07 a gal is what i saw yesterday on the way to work.

massachusetts.

Rhode island is about 5 cents more. I live on the line. i will not fill up in RI

its costing me about 47 bucks to fill my mini van.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    $3.05 in my part of az.

I bought a new mountain bike last week and I am going to use it to get to the grocery store every few days. It is 4 miles round trip so I figure I buy a couple of days of food and throw it in the backpack and go home and cook. Saves gas and money!
  • fanaticalbattle
    Options
    It's about 3.87 here....and I'm in california.....in the City that PRODUCES most of california's oil....

Messed up. hah.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    We're at about $3.56 here in the Bay Area (CA).

I got this email yesterday and thought I'd share. I'm not sure I believe a lot of it but I'd like feedback if any of you know anything about these "facts":

TIPS ON PUMPING GAS (Good information)

I don't know what you guys are paying for gasoline.... but here in California we are also paying higher, up to $3.50 per gallon. But my line of work is in petroleum for about 31 years now, so here are some tricks to get more of your money's worth for every gallon.....

Here at the Kinder Morgan Pipeline where I work in San Jose , CA we deliver about 4 million gallons in a 24-hour period thru the pipeline. One day is diesel the next day is jet fuel, and gasoline, regular and premium grades. We have 34-storage tanks here with a total capacity of 16,800,000 gallons.

Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening....your gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important role. A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3) stages: low, middle, and high. In slow mode you should be pumping on low speed, thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping. All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some of the liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF FULL. The reason for this is, the more gas you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation. Unlike service stations, here where I work, every truck that we load is temperature compensated so that every gallon is actually the exact amount.

Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up--most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom.

Hope this will help you get the most value for your money.
    DO SHARE THESE TIPS WITH OTHERS!

:glasses:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    It's about 3.87 here....and I'm in california.....in the City that PRODUCES most of california's oil....

Messed up. hah.

Thats funny..when my husband and I lived in Hawaii we couldn't afford pineapples, even though they were grown there, granted we were living on as little work and income as possible but still! :laugh:
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    3.29 here in marietta georgia. At least that was the last time I checked.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    let's just say that if certian individuals would allow drilling in Alaska, we wouldn't even have to rely on foriegn oil.

I have to disagree with this. Drilling in ANWAR is a short term solution to a long term problem. We need to deal with our long-term dependence on oil and start investing in renewable energy.

Drilling in ANWAR would damage a sensitve ecosystem and damage one of our national treasures all for the sake of a fix that will not last.

The issue is not the shortage of oil. The issue is our dependence on it and the inability of our government to focus on diversification of our energy sources.

I find it very telling that the government can madate a change in how we view television, requiring all stations to begin broadcasting in HDTV by February 17, 2009. This is mandated by the government because without the governments direction on this the "market" would not support a change to HDTV, which is a better technoloy. Why, therefore, can the government not madate a change in how we power our vehicles to alternative renewable energy sources which is a better technoly.

Oh, and here is Washington state I'm paying $3.55 a gallon to fill up. I do carpool and use alternative forms of transportation so luckily I only have to fill up every two weeks.
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    It went up this morning to $3.56, I'm in California. too. It has been going up about .03 to .05 every time it changes...We just need to start walking more on our short little trips. What about car pooling too... We NEED to Stop complaining and do something about it , like not driving when it is easy enough to walk or even ride a bike.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    It's about 3.40 here in CT. What saves me money at the pump though is that I shop at Price Chopper and every 50 bucks you spend you earn .10 cents toward gas. for example last time I filled up it was 3.29 but I got .10 cents off of that price. Every penny helps:tongue: