Name your Go To breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• cdawnmoon
    Options
    45 calorie toast with laughing cow cheese and boiled egg whites.
    Oatmeal, protein powder, and 1Tbs sugar free maple syrup. (extra add-ins flaxseed, blueberries,cinnamon.)
    protein shake- 1 cup baby spinach, water(you can use milk),ice, 1scoop protein powder, 1Tbs flaxseed, 1/4 cp blueberries, strawbarries, or bananas w/cinnamon.
  • lhanks89
    lhanks89 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    2 veggie sausage patties and a mini bagel/slice of 12 grain toast
  • Riara11
    Riara11 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you're in a hurry porridge with milk (or some like it with water) is the BEST. Add honey for taste - it's low calories and low GI
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Have you tried plain greek low fat or no fat yogurt with fruit? They're good and healthy too.
  • ogottwald
    ogottwald Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    grapefruit & hard boiled egg
  • earlgreygirl09
    Options
    Dorset Cereal - Very Nutty Muesli. No added sugar just sweet raisins. I hate when my milk gets sweet after I add it to cereal and Dorset Cereal is the only one that ensures my milk tastes like milk. Very filling too!

Oh I absolutely LOVE Dorset Cereal!!!!!! I used to live in Dorset and became obsessed with the stuff! Yum! Too bad it's a bit more pricey here in the States than it was in the UK. Seriously, any of their varieties are good!
  • brigg9
    brigg9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    4-5 eggs (poached or over-easy, no oils), 1/2 cup of old fashioned oatmeal, milk and a multi-vitamin.

OH, and coffee...I can't forget my coffee. =)
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I always have the exact same breakfast:
    6 egg whites 102 cals
    2 strips turkey bacon 70 cals
    1/4 cup shredded soy cheese 70 cals
    Bowl of oatmeal or All Bran 150 or 100
    coffee
    Fruit if you want
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Pineapple OJ --Blend OJ and frozen pineapple :)
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    one slice of whole wheat toast.
    one fried egg or over easy egg
    one slice of low sodium ham
    optional: top with mustard

250 calories

if you want more calories than that for breakfast have a piece of fruit with it, or have two eggs and two pieces of toast
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    You can add lots of mushrooms to an egg white omelet for a big breakfast that has few calories. 5 oz mushrooms have only about 20 or 30 cals, and are very filling. Also, try adding steamed asparagus.

I also like to add chicken sausage slices - 2 oz=90cals.

Typically the whole thing is under 230 cals, and is quite filling. High protein keeps you satisfied for a while too.
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I make my own egg mcmuffin: 1 egg, high fiber eng muffin, reduced fat cheese. I also love high fiber english muffin with peanut butter and sliced banana. Today I had fage non fat yogurt with pumpkin flax granola cereal. Oh, I always make my low fat latte and drink it in the car on the way to work.
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm starving after reading all of your posts!:bigsmile: Everything sounds delicious and filling! Glad today is shopping day, I'm printing up your answers and heading to the store! But first breakfast!
    Thanks everyone!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • littleleers
    Options
    Half a bagel with almond butter (almond butter has been proven to regulate blood sugar), mug of herbal tea, but sometimes coffee for the caffeine kick, and fruit.
  • kriselayne1
    kriselayne1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Since the winter is upon us I like to do steel cut oatmeal in the slow cooker. The night before, put in:

1 cup steel cut oats (I like Quaker)
    3 cups water
    1 cup 2% milk
    1 apple cut with skin on it
    1/2 cup raisins
    1/2 cup brown sugar (less or more as you like)

That mixture makes enough for you to have 1 - 1.5 cups of cooked oatmeal all week long. It actually lasts in the fridge and heats up beautifully in the microwave. I just add other spices like cinnamon or nutmeg as well as vanilla extract to make it even tastier. You can add in whatever you like to suit your tastes.

* A word of caution * The steel cut oats DO NOT taste anything like instant or even old fashion oatmeal. It's much more nutty so it could take some time for your taste buds to adjust! :happy:
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Whoa there. Before you nix yogurt you might consider mixing up your own starting with plain yogurt. I make a strawberry sauce and add that to my yogurt plus a drizzle of honey if i'm in the mood.

Yogurt has too many health benefits to dismiss out of hand!
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I make MIMs almost every morning! They're SO delicious and super easy. AND keep me full all morning.
    http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase1/WhatYouCanEatinthisPhase/AllAboutMIMs.aspx

I particularly love the pumpkin ones, but the canned pumpkin can be hard to find after thanksgiving.