Apparently, Im doing it all wrong..

Options
Keep getting told by numerous people I work with that:

a) I eat way to much :explode:

b) I eat too often :grumble:

I guess that they dont understand that

a) I can eat as much as I want, as long as I meet my nutritional and caloric requirements

b) I eat small snacks constantly throughout the day, to keep my metabolism going. :drinker:

APPARENTLY

According to the people I work with to lose weigh I should ACTUALLY be:

a) Only eating rabit food (ie. lettuce) :mad:

b) eat ONLY 3 meals a day :noway:

c) Only eat tiny portions.

GRRR Im getting really annoyed that they keep telling me Im doing things the wrong way.. apparently 26lbs lost (AND STILL GOING) isnt proof enough that what im doing is working :bigsmile:

Replies

• mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I feel for ya! Then they tell you that what you've lost is all water:wink:

I just tell people that I'm trying to be healthy and improve my fitness level.
  • kellylara93
    Options
    I feel for ya! Then they tell you that what you've lost is all water:wink:

ohh yep! getting that one a lot!

"youll gain it all back in a week"

people. seriously..
  • Bigmomma0u812
    Options
    I know its hard but just try to smile it off. Then when you're done and where you want to be they'll all have to eat crow. Crow is always hard to swallow.
  • danibee79
    danibee79 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It sounds all good to me! Keep up the amazing work and don't listen to those idiots!!
  • danibee79
    danibee79 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It sounds all good to me! Keep up the amazing work and don't listen to those idiots!!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I understand completely! I have explained to people at work that I need to eat a snack every few hours otherwise I will eat a ton of crap on my lunch break. They have seen me lose weight though so I think they might believe me.

My husband is the worst one, too. He also thinks that I should be working out more even if it would put me under 1200 calories.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Right, because your coworkers are obviously experts!

And besides, it's what works for the individual person, some people can get away with only 3 meals a day, I'd go nuts, so I eat smaller more frequent meals.

It's amazing what business people butt into.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    You are living proof you've got this right.
    Are they all perfect specimens of the human body?
    I didn't think so.
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    Well, when you're wearing a two-piece in summer and they're all hiding in their beach towels, they'll know who was right....
  • Hennessy15
    Options
    what your doin is just fine eating every 3-4 hr is a great way to keep you metabolisum up and you dont have to eat only rabbit food but ru eating a lot of junk food and just keeping it under your calorie goal??? if not screw em and keep up the great work
  • Clinno
    Clinno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's ok, the world is full of stupid people! You doing great :)
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Keep getting told by numerous people I work with that:

a) I eat way to much :explode:

b) I eat too often :grumble:

I guess that they dont understand that

a) I can eat as much as I want, as long as I meet my nutritional and caloric requirements

b) I eat small snacks constantly throughout the day, to keep my metabolism going. :drinker:

APPARENTLY

According to the people I work with to lose weigh I should ACTUALLY be:

a) Only eating rabit food (ie. lettuce) :mad:

b) eat ONLY 3 meals a day :noway:

c) Only eat tiny portions.

GRRR Im getting really annoyed that they keep telling me Im doing things the wrong way.. apparently 26lbs lost (AND STILL GOING) isnt proof enough that what im doing is working :bigsmile:

This! I have lost 10kg and people at work are starting to annoy me with comments regarding what I eat. ie. I am eating peanut butter and someone says "should you be eating that?!", I was preparing a snack and someone says "is that the 5th meal of the day" or "hasn't that got too many carbs in it?". Why do people feel the need to give you advice when you're already doing things that are clearly working :P I sometimes think maybe they are just insecure about their own ways and feel jealous or threatened by others success.. or maybe they are truly trying to be helpful. It's annoying either way :P
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    This! I have lost 10kg and people at work are starting to annoy me with comments regarding what I eat. ie. I am eating peanut butter and someone says "should you be eating that?!", I was preparing a snack and someone says "is that the 5th meal of the day" or "hasn't that got too many carbs in it?". Why do people feel the need to give you advice when you're already doing things that are clearly working :P I sometimes think maybe they are just insecure about their own ways and feel jealous or threatened by others success.. or maybe they are truly trying to be helpful. It's annoying either way :P

Or maybe they're just jealous because they have to watch their intake a lot more closely in order to get anywhere and therefore they figure the entire world has to do the same.
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need some different friends at work. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    know how you feel going through it atm, especially the whole your not eating enough when i eat 3 solid meals and 3 sback times during the day..aghh people! lol
    just try smile it off, you know your doing a good job dont let htem interfere with you
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22lbs and am now on maintenance.......I try to stick within my calorie goal & if I go over, I up the exercise....and I eat 6 small meals a day.

Do whatever works for you.....and b******s to those who 'think' they know best :laugh:

Sue :smile: x
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I reckon the "I thought you were on a diet?" crowd are jealous! There's a good reason MFP works for so many people for whom other diets haven't worked, and that's because you can eat normally (just less!), make healthy choices, and are encouraged to exercise and stick with it.