Logging Couch to 5k????

Options
How do you log it? Is there an easy way? I couldnt find it.....HELP! I started today and dont know the best way to record it. Any help is appreciated. :)

Replies

• Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Buy Heart Rate Monitor. Everyone's calorie burn is going to be different.
  • Espichick11
    Options
    Will do. But I see how some peoples diaries say C25K week-4 or just C25K with a minute count and cal count and I cant seem to get that to show up in my diary for me .....
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Will do. But I see how some peoples diaries say C25K week-4 or just C25K with a minute count and cal count and I cant seem to get that to show up in my diary for me .....

"Add Exercise" is how they do it I meant they create their own
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yup add it under exercise. I used walking and running and then added up how much I did of each and entered that under minutes. Hope that makes sense for you. If you have any more ?? ask away. I just finished day 1 of week 6. Good luck!!
  • Espichick11
    Options
    Yeah I know but I when I search for it nothing comes up in the database. Gosh I feel dumb.
  • Espichick11
    Options
    ok thank you. I will just do it that way I guess. Great job by the way!
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    ok thank you. I will just do it that way I guess. Great job by the way!

Just go to exercise, click, then click add exercise. Then enter walking in the search box and it should bring up different speeds. Pick one enter how many minutes you walked for the day you did. Then do it with your running. Thx it is a great program. I did it in the spring and was running 40 min straight, but then got an infected toe from gardening....:ohwell: gets easier as you go!!
  • iamthevieve
    Options
    Buy Heart Rate Monitor. Everyone's calorie burn is going to be different.

I don't know much about heart rate monitors. Do they tell you how much you burn or do you have to calculate it yourself?
  • HisBeachgirl
    HisBeachgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly halfway through C25K. When I began I just kinda averaged it as brisk walking. Then I actually separated it and logged the time spent jogging and the time spent walking. Then I got a heart rate monitor, and I'm SO glad I did! The calories I burned was actually a good deal higher than what mfp estimated. Now I just make my own exercise... something like C25K Week 4 and I log the time and calories burned.

Good luck!