My binge preventer

Options
I can't tell you how many times this has worked for me! When I feel like I'm about to eat my whole kitchen, I measure out half a cup of frozen fruit (pineapple tidbits or the very cherry medley from Trader Joe's usually). Takes a while to eat, it's sweet and cold, and it keeps my mouth occupied! Just thought I'd pass this along to anyone it might help.

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Anything you can eat slowly is a great idea! Frozen fruit is delicious, too.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    that actually sounds like a really good idea! thanks for sharing!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I do the same! Try frozen cranberries - so tart it is an instant sweet tooth killer :]
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I don't really have the need for a binge preventer, but I was eating frozen berries mixed with greek yogurt and whey as I read this.

Frozen fruit is amazing. I love it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes are also excellent for sweet cravings.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt, vip frozen raspberries and a bit of lemon creme pie protein powder is excellent.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Good Idea! thanks!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I don't really have the need for a binge preventer, but I was eating frozen berries mixed with greek yogurt and whey as I read this.

Frozen fruit is amazing. I love it.

That's excellent! I'm feeling the urge less and less as I've started listening to my body and eating the right amount of food. Yogurt + frozen fruit it one of my favorites as well!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes are also excellent for sweet cravings.

^ Also this. My wife will sometimes buy a bunch of red grapes and freeze them. And then I eat them, and smile.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    good stuff...
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    my newest thing is, i brew a cup of decaf in my kurig, and add a pack of the swiss miss 25 calorie. yummmm. sweet, and i have to sip it slow.
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks for providing a great tip!
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I drink a cold glass of soy chocolate milk, the light kind. Its so thick and cold, instant chocolate fix for about 90 cal per 8 oz!
  • leopardvice
    Options
    thanks! :0)
  • Melookprettyoneday
    Options
    My binge preventer is a combination of things.
    1. If i want to eat my whole kitchen, i first drink a full glass of water. Usually I am thirsty not actually hungry.
    2. I also infuse the water with fruit and benefiber.
    3. This also helps me eat less because I feel full
    4. When I eat, I use a small plate and put down my fork. Keep the food in the kitchen / away from the table.
    5. I keep snack sized candy bars in my fridge. If I dont have it , i crave it. If I know its there I know i can have it whenever and usually dont end up eating it at all. Ive had the same back of frozen reeses in the fridge since august with about three gone.
    6. I dont buy junk and I dont go to the grocery store hungry. When I do this, I buy more and want to rip open everything and eat it!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    yep, frozen blueberries are yummy too. great idea!