Help me make a decision please? :D

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
big decision. i only have enough time and money for one. either go visit my Nan and Pop I have not seen in years and miss dearly... or go to the coast with my bestie. oh yes, did i mention going to the coast with my bestie would mean i would have to pay for everything for her..Which would you choose?

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    My family has been dropping like flies lately.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    bye bye bestie...lol
  • fathewell
    Options
    Save some money and see the people you are missing.
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Family first!!

See if friend wants to go with you.
  • thatlittlebit
    thatlittlebit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Definitely family!!!
    I'm not saying yous hould always go see family but this situation definitely!
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My Father has Alzheimer's.
    I wish I could go back and spend more time with him when he was well.
    Don't end up like me.
  • JWOOLEY85
    JWOOLEY85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I vote for Nan and Pop, just imagine how happy they would be to see you.
  • xxsmoochesbabyxx
    Options
    seriously, nan and pop seems like a no brainer.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Ever since my Mom passed away I've wished I had spent more time with her and got to know her better as an adult. She was a fun person and I miss her very much.
    I vote see your family and take pictures and save up good memories. You can see your bestie anytime.
  • AmandaJoi25
    Options
    See the people you are missing please! You can go to the coast next year.
  • jocraw66
    Options
    I can't believe you really even have to think about this...

At any rate, family should always come first. See if your friend would like to come with you.

My parents are elderly, I live out of state because my husband is in the military. Not a day goes by that I don't wish I could spend time with them.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    How is that even a choice for you!? ... Nan and geandpops always. family first. especially if the best mate is a pikey scamming so and so.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    sorry i wanted to ask a question, no need to be rude. PS sorry people have been brought up different to you.i was not brought up to see family first, through many abusive situations (my immediate family) are not my fave people to be around. i see friends as my family as those people actually care, although I do care deeply for my grandparents.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Well it sounds from your wording you know exactly which one you want, it is just telling beastie no. Besides which one will you know you will never regret....you will make the right choice, it is already in your words.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Family first plus you miss them.
  • caitlinsmom07
    caitlinsmom07 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Nan and Pop! Life is too short! If she is truly your bestie, even though she may be a little bummed at the cancelation, she will understand and be excited for you!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    "i see friends as my family as those people actually care, although I do care deeply for my grandparents."
    You just said it yourself---Please go see your grandparents. You miss them.
    Hugs, BJB
  • oma5
    oma5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Beauty,
    Like you I grew up in a very abusive family relationship, however I tried to make peace with my past and particularly my mother when she was dying but to no avail. She was miserable to the end, still verbally abusive. I can't believe that I miss my mother and think of her often now that she's dead I wish it could have been different. You have grandparents whom you love and miss, go see them and have a great time with them. As for your friend, plan the trip next year and in the meantime open a bank account together and BOTH deposit a certain amount of money in it each week/paycheque. When you have enough money accumulated then go to the coast and have a great time. At least you would be equal and not feel taken advantage of, and she would have some self respect and not be mooching off of you. Whatever you decide enjoy your vacation.:drinker:
  • ineednapkin
    Options
    I would choose family, it's very important to spend time with them :) I have been spending more time with my grandparents lately, and it has been well worth it. :)
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I agree with the consensus but because I am a budget concise person.