I have a eating problem, I'm admiting it and I'm trying to f

Options
Hello everyone!

So I made this account back in the year when I got my android phone. I had downloaded the myfitnesspal app, but didn't really use it so I deleted it. In the last 3 months, I've been able to drop 77 pounds, and go from 270 to 193. I've been exercising every day, and while I felt I was eating healthy, I've been shown I was wrong.

On a daily, I consume around 800 to 950 calories. Today, I was searching for the information on a Dominos cheese pizza, because my co-worker decided to give me basically a whole pizza (3/4th to be exact) and I was linked to this website. I didn't want the food to go to waste, but at the same time I'm very conscious about when I do and don't fast food our take out. I have one cheat day a week. I don't drink soda AT ALL, and the only time I have any kind of sweet is when I have a desert on my cheat day, when I also allow my self to gorge out.

Everyone would tell me I look sickly, but I would just shrug it off and ignore them. I look AMAZING. I'm ripped and for my weight, pretty damn built. So I didn't understand until people would explain I look tired and pale. I would still just shrug it off.

I used Anytimehealth since it was free with my gym member ship, but I decided to log into myfitnesspal just to see if it was any better, and wow I scared my self.

The tools and break down of everything is so much more than anytimehealth, and I didn't realize how much I've been hurting my body.. eating so few calories, when the website told me the "bare minimum" should be AT LEAST 1200 calories, I knew I screwed up. So starting tomorrow, as hard as it is going to be, I'm going to start allowing my self more food, and try to slowly let up on my calorie-cutting-crazed life style. It's going to be really hard to drop my wall I've built up, but I'm going to try. Hopefully I can find support in the community here.

Anyways, I hope to make some new friends while I'm here! Can't wait to talk to some of you guys, thanks!

P.S. For the record, I'm going to be eating some of that pizza tomorrow, regardless of the fact it's not a cheat day.

Replies

• mattquit
    mattquit Posts: 175
    Options
    i don't think pizza is terrible. I heard it's a vegetable now in the U.S. of A hahahahaha
  • laceyxlockdown
    laceyxlockdown Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    lolXD my country is full of fatties! its dumb cause a vegetable has to grow out of the ground and i dont see a lot of pizza plants lol. XD oh america XD
  • kaihato
    Options
    i don't think pizza is terrible. I heard it's a vegetable now in the U.S. of A hahahahaha

Funny :P.
  • laceyxlockdown
    laceyxlockdown Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    anyways im going thru the same problem hun! i just panic when i have more than 600cals a day and i hardly eat. i wanna be healthy! add me maybe we can help eachother out
  • kaihato
    Options
    anyways im going thru the same problem hun! i just panic when i have more than 600cals a day and i hardly eat. i wanna be healthy! add me maybe we can help eachother out

Sure thing, I'll send you a friend request.
  • mattquit
    mattquit Posts: 175
    Options
    can i join the circle of friendship? I'm new here too and i made a post and no one liked it. I have the same problem as kaihato but im not as buff. i eat under 1200 and i do exercise if i don't it under 1200. i just learned that it's bad not to eat 1200 but i'll do it anyway. i'm 19 years old if that helps =)
  • kaihato
    Options
    Hey, I'll send you a friend request matt.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Hey man! If you want add me! I eat quite a bit during the day and I am a short guy, yet I usually stay aroud my calorie limit :) I try and make sure that I am meeting my vitamin quota that MFP advises me of. I do take multi vitamins, but I also do eat quite healthy.

It can be hard to find the correct balance of food and exercise to keep your body healthy. My friend told me off today because I am barely eating calories :( apparently they think I am starting to look to thin :( But i feel the best I have ever felt. So as long as you are eating as much as you should be and remaining active you should be right. only you can know how your body is feeling :)

Good luck mate!
  • StellinaFish
    Options
    Hello & Welcome!!

I have lost two partners along the way...they just disappeared :sad: So if you need another friend you are welcome to add me!!! I live in the land of Pizza and I can tell you when it comes to REAL pizza - it is very healthy!!! :happy:
  • kaihato
    Options
    Sounds good guys :D. Thanks!
  • Crystler
    Options
    Good morning. I'm sure I can help you out. I've got diet books and healthy foods book to a healthy life style. I'll write down a few things and help you out. :D I lost 3 kilos in two and a half weeks. from 88 kilos down to 85.5
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It is easy to fall into the trap of eating way too little and although you feel you got results - you know accept that it wasn't the best way to go about losing weight. I applaud you for admitting you need help - the most important lesson that I have learned through a lifetime of yo-yo dieting is that there is NO QUICK FIX. I have done all the "club" diet plans, drunk shakes, taken diet pills, done all the faddy diets - result, weight up and down by between 5 and 25lbs for 20+ years. This time last year I thought - that's it, I am just going to stay fat and be happy about it. In June, I checked into Myfitnesspal - to be honest I thought; yeah - whatever, it won't work. But it does work. After 6 months, I am almost 30lbs lighter and I have never been so fit in my life! I have made a host of new on-line friends and the support is amazing. It is not easy. But it is worth it. I wish you good luck and hope you find your health here!!:flowerforyou:
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It's all about being fit and healthy (and happy with yourself and your body). When I started out I was overweight not underweight and would have a daily intake of 1200cal, but when I needed to kick it up a notch I'd drop my calories down to 800 sometimes lower. I know it was not the best thing to do but it did break my plateau. You'll find your place in just takes time. Good luck on your journey:smile:
  • 1spldbrat
    Options
    Hello,

Im new to this site. A little bit about me I was in a bad relationship where now I know he made me eat so I wouldnt have the option to leave. So now I got rid of him and now Im trying to loose the weight I put on over the coarse of 10 years. Its hard doing it alone as for me I learned that I havent been eating enough. I try to go to the gym everyday but it is really hard when you dont have any support or even a workout buddy. If you have any words of advice or healthy meal ideas please pass them along.

Thank You
    Janelle
  • kaihato
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support and information :D
    Hello,

Im new to this site. A little bit about me I was in a bad relationship where now I know he made me eat so I wouldnt have the option to leave. So now I got rid of him and now Im trying to loose the weight I put on over the coarse of 10 years. Its hard doing it alone as for me I learned that I havent been eating enough. I try to go to the gym everyday but it is really hard when you dont have any support or even a workout buddy. If you have any words of advice or healthy meal ideas please pass them along.

Thank You
    Janelle

Wow, that is really hard... I'm sorry you were in such an abusive relationship. You should see going to the gym as a fun activity more so than a troublesome! It makes going so much easier :).

Good luck!
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You have conquered the biggest step which is admitting you had a problem. Now that you have gotten it "out there" you can gain support through MFP and realize you are not alone. Eating too little or too few foods can be just as obsessive as over eating. I work with people who have eating issues. You look like you are on the road to recovery! Good job.
  • kaihato
    Options
    Thank you asugar. I'm trying, today is going pretty good so far but I already am feeling guilty, but I know I need to ignore that. My current caloric intake for the day seems to be 1,322. I've also even thrown in a nice 150 post-work out snack which I've never done, but I know I need to. The rest of today is going to be hell, but I'm trying my best.

I've decided I don't need to lose anymore weight, just maintain where I'm at. 195 is pretty good for a guy with my figure and being 6'1!
  • Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Hopefully MFP can give you success. I love this site. If you work out all the time and since you are a male I would recommend more than just 1200 cal a day. You might do better bumping it up to 1500-2000. You'll have more energy, gain more muscle, and feel better. Probably a good idea to take the calorie increase slow at first since you're use to a smaller amount of calories a day. As long as your eating good choices, its okay to eat more calories. You're body needs the fuel.
    Welcome to the MFP family =D
  • sal22408
    Options
    May i ask how you were able to lose 77lbs in 3 months? Was it strictly eating low cal, or were you taking a supplement to help ?
    I think your friends and loved ones are probably just worried because you're losing it so fast . I try and eat under 500cal to drop weight about once a year for about a month or two and it always concerns the people in my life so i try not to mention it ....ill go back to a healthier diet soon and concentrate on maintaining it ...which i do seem to gain 10lbs over a year and thats when ill go back to my low cal month.
    The past 2 days i went over (weekend fun) so im not completely depriving myself. I just know what works for me :)

Can you add me ? Id love to see your diary and see how you lost 77lbs . *awesome* !
  • kaihato
    Options
    Good luck! Hopefully MFP can give you success. I love this site. If you work out all the time and since you are a male I would recommend more than just 1200 cal a day. You might do better bumping it up to 1500-2000. You'll have more energy, gain more muscle, and feel better. Probably a good idea to take the calorie increase slow at first since you're use to a smaller amount of calories a day. As long as your eating good choices, its okay to eat more calories. You're body needs the fuel.
    Welcome to the MFP family =D

Thanks for the tip and thanks!
    May i ask how you were able to lose 77lbs in 3 months? Was it strictly eating low cal, or were you taking a supplement to help ?
    I think your friends and loved ones are probably just worried because you're losing it so fast . I try and eat under 500cal to drop weight about once a year for about a month or two and it always concerns the people in my life so i try not to mention it ....ill go back to a healthier diet soon and concentrate on maintaining it ...which i do seem to gain 10lbs over a year and thats when ill go back to my low cal month.
    The past 2 days i went over (weekend fun) so im not completely depriving myself. I just know what works for me :)

Can you add me ? Id love to see your diary and see how you lost 77lbs . *awesome* !

I exercise every day. I jog a mile and 3/10ths, and do moderate weight lifting. In terms of eating, I cut out soda and have not had any in 3 months since I've started this, nor do I desire to do so anymore (yay! :D), and I also DO NOT eat ANY sweets, unless it's on my cheat day, in which I have a desert. And when I mean sweets, just so I'm clear, I mean un-healthy stuff like cookies, fudge pieces, etc.

I've written down in-depth how I lost all my weight, and after 5 rough drafts it was ready. I went into strict detail of how my everyday life was, but after realizing that I have a eating disorder, the last thing I want to do is post it online and show it to the world. But in a nut shell, I was eating 700 to 900 calories a day, exercising every day, and staying far from fast food and and sweets (except on my cheat days) and soda.