how to supress food appetite?

Options
13»

Replies

• MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Address why you want to snack on junk. Why do you want it? Once you find out the reason you can address it.
    while you work on that, next time you want a naughty snack, wait 20 mins and then if you still want it have half.
    if you are working hard to get to a new weight/ improve your health then remind yourself of that before you eat it.
    I have a post it with ' why give up trying today, when you have come so far. You know after you eat the junk you will feel bad' stuck to my desk. It reminds me that i should pick the better options for myself and not make excuses for slacking.
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Coffee is my new best friend! When I get to craving something sweet to eat, I brew a pot of Hazzelnut coffee. Only 5 calories and I am a happy camper. :drinker:
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I second the idea of filling up on healthier foods first. I eat at least 100g protein each day now and eat a lot more veggies than I used to (used to eat very very little and only as an afterthought) - its much easier to cut back on less healthy things when you are physically satisfied from healthier things. That doesnt mean you have to give up treats - just means you will be satisfied with LESS treats when you are filling up on the healthier stuff. :-)
  • BarbiNay
    BarbiNay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you give yourself 5-7 days with no unhealthy foods, drink lots of water, your body will purge its need for unhealthy foods. You will even find after a few weeks when you eat unhealthy foods they do not taste as good. Also I take Chromium Picolinate x2 day which helps curb the need for sugar and high carb foods.
  • tigerkittyskf
    Options
    lots of water!

I agree! Lots and lots of water! You can never go wrong with it.:smile:
  • GuillaineC
    GuillaineC Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Healthy food supresses the appetite for unhealthy food. Try lean protein and plenty of salad and veg.
    I can tell you for sure that this doesn't work for me:noway:
    We grow our own and eat tons of fresh /frozen organic fruit and veg and I swear I am dreaming of chocolate and pizza. I would give anything for an XXL portion of melted cheese...wow.......difficult to stop right now :-)
    I need extra portions of protein to keep me happy and not thinking of food 24/7
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon. Researchers have found that cinnamon may also triple the effectiveness of the natural insulin your body makes. Cinnamon itself has insulin-like activity....a bioactive component that is believed to have the potential to prevent or overcome diabetes. So put it in your food.

Apples - I consider this the best fruit to use as a snack. Each apple packs 5 grams of fiber while having the fat-fighting chemical pectin in it. 3 a day and you'll be happy!!

12355201.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Okay, time to see what a little cinnamon added to my tea and hamburgers will taste like!

For me exercise is actually curbing my junk food cravings. I don't know if that is a new permanent reality or not, but I sure hope so! I was way under calories last night and actually made myself eat an ice cream bar. In the past, I have certainly never had to force myself to eat chocolate ice cream of any kind unless I was taking diet pills, and I'm not.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    This is a bit bizarre, but I take 2 Sudafed every morning for congestion. It has a secondary gain - it suppresses my appetite. I can tell a huge difference when I don't need to take it.

Sudafed are similar to amphetamines, which make you lose your appetite. They are also addictive so maybe not a great idea to take them every morning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoephedrine
    Yeah I wouldn't worry about taking them now and then, but every day doesn't seem right. Maybe try a neti pot for congestion.

The issue with ephedra of any kind is that eventually if you take it to curb hunger you will develop a tolerance (or I did) and then you will need to take more and more to get the same result. It's not sustainable over time. Plus ephedrine in cold and allergy medicine is borked up, unnatural, and nasty. It also makes me viciously bad tempered, but that might not happen to everyone.
  • keelz2010
    Options
    I have been trying KLB6 cider vinegar supplements 2 1/2 weeks ago and think they suppress the appetite. When the munchies call I also look at recipes online for healthy new meals I can make, for some strange reason it seems to fill me up just looking at the food! Reading articles about nutrition when hungry helps too, as it put's me off eating and encourages me to hang on for the next meal. You can log the times you feel hungry each day, and if a pattern emerges such as always in the afternoon, you could change the way you eat like have a bigger lunch and a smaller evening meal instead x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!