20 stone to just under 12 stone

Options
Teliooo
Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
So I am lying in bed feeling very sorry for myself and needed a pick me up. As most of my friends on here know, I tend to get sick a lot and today is the same. Anywhoo, my story. Sorry for the VERY long post

When I was about 7 I was diagnosed incorrectly diagnosed with a medical condition, put on steroids and as most of you know these can make you put on masses of weight and that is what happened to me. My school thought my mum were over feeding me and used to refuse to let me eat some of the school lunches, my self esteem hit 0 quickly. Anyway as I got older I just got fatter and fatter. I was a very active kid but I secretly binged on everything and everything. I was always the funny girl who boys never fancied but luckily I never got bullied about my weight.

I started uni when I was 20 and met a now ex boyfriend. I got to my heaviest ever of nearly 20 stone. A messy break up meant that I lost weight rapidly as I started walking every where and living on a budget as I was really low on money the depression also helped. I got really depressed and tried to kill myself at the end of 2005. At this point I was probably about 16 stone.
I quit my 3rd year of uni but stayed in the city where I was studying.

I met my now partner not soon after I got out of hospital and this changed my life for the better. He is very active and supportive and weight has never even been and issue. I went back to uni the following year (september 2006) and we continued to date.He lived quite far away from me so we travelled a lot. I borrowed his bike for month and cycled everywhere, he eventually got me my own bike. We moved abroad in 2007 after I finished uni and I lost even more weight as again we cycled everywhere, I was not actively trtying to lose weight but I must have then got down to about 13 stone or less. I then got pregnant and had a miscarriage, became severely depressed and lost weight the VERY unhealthy way i.e not eating. I am not sure how thin I got but it was not healthy for me.

I got pregnant again a few months later at at the point I was about 12,5 stone. I moved back to the UK in 2008 and had my son Dexter in 2009. I was very healthy in my pregnancy and only gained baby weight but it was after that I just went back to my old ways and went up to to 14 stone.

I decided that this was enough and I was supremely unfit, something that I had not been for years, so in July of this year I decided to change this, got my wii fit out, started exercising on that, then moved on to walking and after years of being ashamed of wearing a swimsuit I sucked it up and started swimming. I also did the 30 day shred and many other exercised. During that time I was diagnosed with severe vitamin D deficiency which may have contributed to my depression, irritability and weight gain. As soon as this was sorted I was a lot happier and fitter.

I am really proud of myself as I have finally got below the 12 stone barrier and now weigh 11.13. I can't even remember the last time I weighed this. When you have been morbidly obese most of your life, you look in the mirror and still see the same you. I feel fitter but still see the huge girl that I was. I found some pictures of myself yesterday, of when I was at my heaviest and can not believe that I looked like that or was that unfit. I LOVE my shape now but my goal is another 15 pounds before I go to bulking up in muscle. I would ideally love the shape of Serena Williams and she is my role model

My pics are below. I hope the above has not sounded to crazy. I could have told a lot more but I would be here all day. Tel xx

Highest weigh 20 stone (280 pounds)

Start weight on mfp 191 pounds
Bust I was a 36c bra
Waist 32-33 inches
Hips 49 inches

Current 167 pounds
Bust probably around a 32-34b or c
Waist 28 inches
Hips 45-46 inches

I am now a UK 10 top and 16-18 bottom more to the size 16. I never wear trousers, well except leggings at home. I always wear dresses or skirts.

I don't have any digital photos of when I hit 20 stone but this is close enough

fatme.jpg

fatme2.jpg

January 2008

pal4.jpg

August 2011

P8218218.jpg

September 2011
pal6.jpg

October 2011

PA290328.jpg

November 2011

moihair.jpg

Replies

• mrstotal180
    mrstotal180 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Your strength and determination rocks! Congrats and your weight loss!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    :tongue: Um... Canadian. How much is a Stone?
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    14lbs or about 6.6 kgs

well done on the weight loss, you look fantastic.
  • mamalula
    Options
    Well done you look amazing!!! I really hope I will beable to have your strength and lose weight like you. Thanks for sharing!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and I LOVE your unique sense of style. Congrats on your weight loss. You look incredible
  • petitfilou
    Options
    Congratulations! You actually don't look that big in your "before" photo - the biggest change in your "after" photos is in your face and how happy you look!
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • CassOfAllTrades
    CassOfAllTrades Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Look at your itty-bitty waist! Congratulations!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    well done! you look amazing!
  • Teliooo
    Options
    Congratulations! You actually don't look that big in your "before" photo - the biggest change in your "after" photos is in your face and how happy you look!

I wasn't at my biggest in my before photo just the only digital copy of me at my largest. 20 stone is pretty big to me. I was unbelievably unhealthy and unfit, Thanks guys. I feel much happier.
  • parrya7x
    Options
    WOW you are an inspiration.....well done you look great!!!!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Well done Tel, you look amazing. Did you move back to the north east when you moved back to the U.K.? I'm from Sunderland, just up the road from Newcastle!

x
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    wow you have the tiniest waist!!!! Awesome work! you are inspiring!
  • Teliooo
    Options
    Well done Tel, you look amazing. Did you move back to the north east when you moved back to the U.K.? I'm from Sunderland, just up the road from Newcastle!

x

Hiya

Yeah I did. I am still here, can't imagine leaving. Oh and I apologise for my poor spelling, I have the flu and my brain is a bit fuzzy.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    You are looking fantastic. I love your sense of style.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!