Need friends for motivation!!

Options
Hi everyone
I have been on MFP for quite awhile now but lose intrest really quickly with the dieting. I am looking for friends for encouragement and to push me when I cant do it myself and I can do the same as well!!
It seems like when I commit and then fall off of the wagon when I decide to come back I am heavier than I was before.
Please add me so we can do this together!!

Replies

• KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Friend request on the way!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Request on the way!
  • Jesusinme4life
    Jesusinme4life Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sending a request:)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    We can support you...lots of help here for that. Check out the groups too to find others with similar interests. But motivation, needs to come from you. You can do this, but you have to want it badly enough to do what it takes. Please feel free to add me as a friend. But here's my advice.....

Measure your food always. Get a scale if you don't have one.
    We are human we make mistakes, forgive yourself and move on.
    Don't fall into the "It's just one ____" trap if you can't really stop at one.
  • izahooligan
    Options
    Just my thoughts...

If your diet is too restrictive and you feel deprived you won't be able to stick to it... I could live on cabbage soup for 4 days but day 5 I'd be eating a whole pint of Ice cream and handfuls of whatever junk was around.

I'm trying to think of this site as a way to retrain my habits.... I want to be lean and healthy for the rest of my life- to do that I need to learn to listen to my body and eat appropriate portions. I don't think I'll need this site forever but it really helps me develop a more accurate sense of what I'm consuming vs. what I'm burning.

Maybe your goal needs to be more realistic so you feel satisfied each day? Slow and steady wins the race after all...

Best of Luck! Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • whitetiger1231
    whitetiger1231 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    request on its way
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request now.
  • mamolinet
    Options
    Please friend request me also! I'm trying to get motivated for exercising!
  • Godsown4ever
    Options
    Sending request! I just joined and need a lot of motivation somedays too :)))
  • MrsVDDS
    Options
    Sending a request!