T.H.E. Team April 24-30 - Week 12

Options

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey Kristi-

ChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gif

hehehehe.. you asked for it!!

Anyway...I miss CM too. Its hard to see people go away once you've gotten to know them and she lives about 2 hours away from me so I was really hoping to meet her someday. She helped me alot in the time she was here but we all have our struggles, so she just did what she needed to do. I didnt like "how" she left either and from what I can tell she didnt just leave us... she left the MFP boards all together. I havent seen her post anywhere else either. Who knows, maybe someday she'll be back altho, then again I hope she is happy and content and keeps exercising so she can not feel like she needs to. Something tells me she will be just fine tho.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hey Kristi-

ChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gifChocolateMilk.gif

Alright, missy! two can play that game!

fatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.gif

I couldn't sleep, so I got up for a glass of chocolate milk! :tongue:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team...

Welll the Dr. was right my leg is feeling much better.. Hubby gave it a good massage after I got out of the hot tub... I am going out to my sisters today my daughter wants to go to school with my niece next yr for her seinior year... crazy I know but they have a much better arts program and that is what she is going into..

I promise I will not over do the walking anymore I will stick to the 5 miles and not walk back to back days and I will make sure I strech before and after....

well I dont have much time it is 7am and I have to get out there and its an hour drive...

Kristi - I had some choc milk last night also!!! I dont drink white milk but I need it for my bones...and choc just taste better to me...

anita - you can really see the difference in your Face... You look GREAT!!!! Keep up the good work....

Li4g - yes cm did help us all in many different ways but, she left the rains to you!!! and you will do a great JOB... Hope she is okay and that she desides to come back someday???

Prayerfulmom - Glad to see your back... Dont ever let someone keep you away from what you are doing... You are doing a great job and I love to hear all about your training... so dont worry about weighing in until your ready.. It all up to you when you are ready...

Indianagranny - sorry I posted so late for you.. Then dr. takes forever... my appt was at 4:30 and I didnt even leave there until 6:30!! got home and had to eat dinner fast cuz I dont normaly eat after 6 so I was really late...but I am okay and feeling better everyday...

anyway I have to get on myway.. so have a great day... and I will check back in when I get back from my sisters...

Maybe one day we all can plan a vacation in a centeral location so we all can Meet I think that would be awsome...( just a thought)

Have a great day everyone...

Sheila
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    L4g- again love the do. Do tell how you like your yoga class. Its amazing how hard it can be yet soooo good. Thanks for the welcome back. And do I see a trend setter with the chocolate milk??? That is my favorite recovery fuel after a long run.

Anita- I am soooo impressed what you’ve accomplished. Keep up the good work. I like how you had photos with the babies=)

Cyndee- oh those strawberries and chocolate yogurt sound yummy! Its not about deprevation but moderation and it sounds like that is what you practiced. You go girl.

Healthymom- thanks for the encouragement. I’ll think of you all Sunday.

Kristi- =) Thanks. =)
    One thing I think we all have to remember is that this is a personal journey and what is good for one person is not necessarily good for another. Some people might do well to just weigh in once a month so they aren’t so discouraged with water fluctuations yet some might get discouraged from not seeing weekly achievements. Let’s embrace our personal journey and make it our own and use the encouragement from others to advance.

Sheila-you’ve become an exercise maniac=) be careful missie.

Lulu- thanks!!!!!!! Your so darn encouraging.

Sorry ladies I have to run to work for 10 hours then not home due to a study till late. So I’ll try to check in tomorrow before I leave to see everyone’s progress. You gals and Zano wherever he is are doing well.

((((group hug))))

sorry if I forgot anyone in such a hurry
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Good Morning

Kristi - I'm coming in - you're going out tag you are it. But hey I am done with the night job til Sunday night, we might actually see each other tonight.

Sheila - hey thanks for posting about the doc - wtg wowing him PROUD OF YOU GIRL. I am so sorry I was impatience - I keep forgeting you all are on a way different time from me. I am glad it is not a stress fracture. I would tell you to be careful - but only you can judge how much you should do.

prayerful mom - yes welcome back! and you will do great with the marathon - I too will be cheering you on Sunday

anita - wow you look great girl!!!!!!!!! keep up the good work.

Dwray - good luck with the knee procedures you might be facing. keep us posted.

AJwaddleson - my nights are set - the same every week. I just turned 50 and have worked 10 years of them. just now beginning to think of bidding for a day shift job. But I can not stand management so I keep realizing not a good ideal. Being on nights - I see them for 40 hours maybe once every six weeks. they are suppose to rotate and work a week of nights but lucky for me - that is seldom done.

Lulu - thanks for the recipe on the pizza definitely gonna try those.

Adopt4 - I hope you are feeling better. I feel your pain with the migraines. Mine have subsided

Cyndeebee - four nights a week - I eat what seems like all night long. HAHA. I take low cal snacks or fruit. So I am a big night eater. But you got to remember there are four days I don't eat in the afternoon.
    and thanks I have to put nesquik on the grocery list this week. I am having a chocolate attack. Really I enjoy the information - you all give about what you eat and snack on.

Li4g - let us know how the yoga class goes.

well I am off to take a bubble bath - thenprobably do some wogging on the treadmill. and some aerobics. will check in later - probably have to sneak a small nap in kinda tire. talk more later
  • indianagranny
    Options
    sorry double post. chalk it up to slow computor and 10 years of nights HAHA
    no way was it the computor operator. HAHAHAHA
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Teamies!!

I got in 30 mins of Aerobics before I have to get ready for work.. I forgot how much time baby kittens take up.. Having 2 is sure different than one... They are cute tho so it's worth it..

I am off to get myself ready for work..

Everyone have a great Thursday....

Anita
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Teamies!!

I got in 30 mins of Aerobics before I have to get ready for work.. I forgot how much time baby kittens take up.. Having 2 is sure different than one... They are cute tho so it's worth it..

I am off to get myself ready for work..

Everyone have a great Thursday....

Anita

Good for you! It's better to have 2 so they have a friend when you're not home!

I'm going to 1/2 hour spinning followed by 1/2 hour abs. For P90X it is supposed to be a 90 minute yoga, but I am skipping that one because last week it screwed up my back.

It is a BEAUTIFUL morning, so I have lots of energy today! Have a great day! Tomorrow's the weigh in! (I am feeling optimistic!)
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Need to double the exercise

I may end up paying money in the pot for gaining weight. My boss has brought in her birthday cake to the job and she got the staff big bags of candy called "survival kits" and I am going nuts. I gave a way the survival kit to a pregnant co-worker but the cake has whipped cream and strawberry filling and it is the bomb. I keep pasing back and forth looking at the box. HEEELLLLPPP!!!!!!:noway:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    renayeb - you can do it! move the cake somewhere else or walk a different way! chew gum! drink your water! you can avoid the sugary hell!!!

anita - you do look great! congrats!
    prayerfulmom - welcome back and WOW on the running, can't wait to see your report after! we're all cheering you on!!

aj and cyndee - welcome, sorry if I didn't say that before.. haven't been myself the past few days...

Went to the doc yesterday and asked her for something for the migraine, and the stuff she gave me made it WORSE, sheesh, so yesterday was terrible, felt like crap... but today it seems to be gone so for that I am incredibly thankful!! I do have a BIG WIN though, even though I sat around the house all day yesterday, did no exercise - I STAYED WITHIN CALORIES!!! I was even under by a few! First time ever! WHOO-HOO!! I didn't think it was possible, especially with feeling miserable, you know, food is where you go... and i didn't!! Learned that I need those weight watchers microwave meals for days when I'm not in the gym to keep calories down... that helps so much! Eat one for lunch with fruit and it's enough.

Missed ya'll yesterday, but I"m back! And Kristi, I just love that pengiun video, even tho it's been around for years it still makes me laugh every time I see it!!!

I meet with the trainer today... he's gonna kick my butt...
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Happy Thursday Gang! I'm feeling much better today, not as much knee pain, and my ego's not quite as bruised as it was yesterday :laugh: I was able to do a lot of leg exercises last night that I was taught at physical therapy, so I feel really good today. Plus, I've been eating well within my calorie goal every day, which I'm really proud of! My mother in law told me that when I get down to my goal weight, she's going to take me shopping and buy me whatever I want. I thought that was really sweet of her.

One of my friends from Indiana is coming down to visit this weekend, and I'm really excited about that! She's about 10 years younger than I am, so I feel like her big sister in a weird sort of way! It should be fun though. Next weekend, Tony and I have rented a cabin in Gatlinburg, and I can't wait. :drinker: I wasn't going to be able to make it home to see my mom on Mother's Day, so I thought, what the heck, might as well do something fun!

Anyway, better get back to work! Hope you're all doing well!
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team! I am exhausted today! I gave up caffeine but today is one of those days I was considering it this morning....so far I am doing good and did not give in. :grumble:
    You know when you select sedentary or lightly sedentary, etc at the beginning? What is everyone set at?

Have a Wonderful Wednesday! :laugh:
    Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I tried giving up coffee, but I can't, I enjoy my cup with my fat free creamer.. Maybe one day:wink:

The Dr. Ian diet is ok.. The first day seemed to be loaded with carbs but I still followed it, yesterday was more protein.. I haven't checked out today's plan yet... I plan on giving it 30 days.. Its a 30 day plan..

Have a wonderful day...

Nita
    Nita my weakness isn't coffee, its mountain dew...love it for some reason! Happy to report I did not give in yesterday and have it though I did have green tea with honey.

So the first day of the diet was loaded with carbs....mmmmmm carbs :wink:
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Morning Team - today, I promise it will be a short post so I can go exercise. This exercise really cuts into my message board time! :laugh:

Nita, I remember when you fell off the tredmill, or rather it bucked you off. Its nice some things happen in the privacy of our own homes, isn't it?! :wink:

Sheila, good luck on that foot! When we talk about confusing our bodies, it always gives me a chuckle. I know its a sound exercise principle, but it just sounds funny to me. But, why should it, cuz my body confuses me all the time! :laugh:

Jamie, thats a good question about our activity level. When I first started, I listed me as sedentary, but that might not be so true any more. I don't remember exactly how MFP breaks things down - I am looking at another fitness program which breaks activity levels down like this:
    Sedentary - no physical activity at all
    Moderately Active - 20-30 minutes of exercise 2-3 times a week
    Active - 30+ minutes of organized physical activity 3-5 times a week
    Very Active - Vigerous physical activity for 60 minutes or more 5 or more times a week
    Athlete - twice daily heavy physical workouts for an hour or more.

I don't know how accurate that is, or how important it is to have that information. In any event, after we get into an exercise routine, it seems prudent to revise our information on MFP. I wonder what the experts like Banks or Songbyrdsweetie would say?

Everyone, have a good day!

Oh, almost forgot - I listed me as sedentary.

Thanks Kristi! I am listed as lightly sedentary and was thinking I should be listed at sedentary. I thought it was a category about your daily activities not including exercise. I'm with ya now. So I am probably good where I am at.
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    I changed my activity level to moderate active, I think thats what it's called.. I don't consider myself sedentary anymore because I am working out 6 days a week.. I do have a desk job and sit on my behind for a good part of the day but lately I have been finding myself up and moving around.. Going outside when its slow ect....

Nita's making me wonder if I should change mine now.....maybe I am just over analyzing my lack of weight loss recently.
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Better late than never, eh Kristi?
    Here I am...
    I've been catching up on things I needed to do around the house, so I did the big taboo...and skipped meals. (Except for coffee...oops)
    I was thinking about the pizza binge, and I can relate. I can do well with my food all day, but as soon as I get close to bedtime, I'm s-t-a-r-v-i-n-g...
    Not really, but my mind says that I am. And then my brain shuts off, my mouth takes over.
    Last night, I made a sandwich at 11 p.m. I'd already tallied up my calories and I was slightly under.
    But the stupid sandwich put me over. :cry:
    I'd heard a theory about the "mindless eating" that kind of makes sense, at least for me.
    It's the CARB addiction. When I say it makes sense for me, it's because I inevitably reach for something with carbs. Supposedly, the cure is to gradually cut your carbs way back, because when you indulge in a carb, it's short-term relief, and you'll definitely be wanting MORE within a few hours.

With fibromyalgia, someone suggested that I try to go gluten-free. (Longest three weeks of my life. Everything tasty has gluten...)
    I must admit that I felt worlds better when I eliminated gluten. But I ditched the effort when I couldn't find enough "substitute" gluten products in my small town area.
    (Have you ever had rice bread? Don't...)
    Anyway, I resolved to at least cut way back on gluten products, but I see myself inching my way back up to where I was before...
    And I feel worse.
    And I'm eating before bed.

Opinions? Does this carb addiction theory make any sense?

Cyndeebee - I am quite sure I may have been in the carb addiction field. Are you drinking enough water? I used to eat at least a sleeve of crackers in a sitting. Now I just can't keep them in my house. I've gotten much better with my food choices. I think my body was craving other things, water, fruit, calcium and in habit I always reached for carbs. I've tried cutting them out completely and that just doesn't work for me. I enjoying them in moderation. I do have an all natural granola bat everyday. Hope that helps!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    LOL Kristi... glad to see the choc milk craze is rubbing off on ya'll!! I started drinking choc milk because I knew I needed to get more milk in, but I hate the taste of it plain. Seems that chocolate milk really does do a body good!! With only 35 calories per serving, the NESQUIK No Sugar Added has 55% fewer calories than other flavored powder and syrup brands. And just like regular NESQUIK, NESQUIK No Sugar Added is specially fortified with 33% more calcium than milk alone to help build and maintain strong bones.:wink:

Chocolate Milk Helps After Workout
    Milk Provides Benefits That Sports Drinks Do Not

Instead of a typical sports drink, you might want to grab a surprising beverage to get the most from your workout. A new study showed chocolate milk has benefits after a strenuous workout. "The research used chocolate milk and Gatorade. They both have high carbohydrate content, and it's that carbohydrate that helps restore that glycogen back into the muscles," said Christine Camarillo, with Memorial Hermann Wellness Institute.

Even though Gatorade replenishes a body similar to chocolate milk, the milk has some added benefits. "If you need more bone-building calcium, magnesium, phosphorous and B vitamins, then you would want to choose chocolate milk over Gatorade because Gatorade just doesn't contain those vitamins and minerals," So who should include milk after the next workout?

"For kids and teens, especially, chocolate milk would be an ideal recovery beverage because research shows that one out of 10 girls and three out of 10 boys are not getting the calcium they need," Experts say that the first 30 to 45 minutes after a workout is the most crucial time for replenishing the body, so getting carbohydrates into the system quickly is key.

The research, the latest which correlates eating flavonoid-rich foods with a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease(1), was presented in February at the American Association for the Advancement of Science's (AAAS) annual meeting in Boston.

So what are some other benefits of drinking it?? Aside from the benefits of milk...here ya go-

Cocoa produces Nitric Oxide: "Nitric oxide plays such an important role in the maintenance of healthy blood pressure and, in turn, cardiovascular health," said lead researcher Dr. Norman K. Hollenberg, physician and professor of medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School.

Here's an argument you could win with the nutritionist: Studies show that cocoa powder, dark chocolate and milk chocolate have higher Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity (ORAC) values than many common foods, such as prunes and blueberries. (12) (ORAC values measure how powerful an antioxidant a substance is. An antioxidant is a substance that inhibits oxidation or reactions promoted by oxygen and peroxides, and that include many held to protect the living body from the deleterious effects of free radicals. Examples include beta-carotene, vitamin C, and alpha-tocopherol.

:wink: :wink: :wink:
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Great job guys! Boy have you all been busy posting! See what happens when I go to bed, haha.
    Li4g....You are slowly convincing my I should have chocolate milk before bed. I love chocolate milk but avoid eating after 8pm unless I've worked out but I don't know...it might work for me in the am. hmmmmm....:wink:
    Nita...You look fabulous! Great job! 3 months and 30lbs. :noway: You are so inspiring! :happy:
    Sheila....Good job on shocking the doctor with your weight loss! WTG! :happy: Rest that foot!
    Renayeb....How did it go with the sugar at work? You can do it! When that happens at my work I put whatever I am trying to avoid in the breakroom on the table and stay away. Someone else always eats it! :laugh:
    prayerfulmom...good luck on sunday! we will all be thinking of you! you can do it, you've trained for this and we all know you will be great! :flowerforyou:
    Today is end of month at work so its been crazy! I am leaving straight from work to go to the gym for kickboxing. I've been craving sweets like a madwoman...I think it may be due to my TOM coming up.
    aj, chanty, adopt4, cyndeebee, get_fit, indiangrammy, and everyone else have a super day!
    Jamie :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Oh and I slept in too late to make it to Yoga this morning...:grumble: :grumble:

Im gonna do a mad cleaning spree on the house and get some much needed laundry done. If I get it done before water aerobics, then I'll go to that. Hubby took yesterday off from the gym, so he wants to go today. We'll see how much I get accomplished before it starts at 6 tonight. Otherwise, Im not worried about it. Todays my normal day off from the gym.

Im making bbq pork tenderloin and some creamy mashed cauliflower (shhhh Im gonna sneak it in on the kids and see if I can pass it off for mashed taters..LOL) for dinner tonight, so shouldnt have a problem staying within my calories if I dont go. If the weather stays "dry", I might just go for a good walk instead.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Renya--- have 1 small piece of cake and then STAY AWAY FROM IT!! A moment on the lips is not gonna be worth the bouncing of numbers on the scale and having to pay in. Just keep telling yourself "BIGGEST LOSER, I can do it, BIGGEST LOSER, I can do it" and just walk away. Good for you for giving your candy bag prize away!!! WILL POWER.. WILL POWER!!!! You can do it!!:wink:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hey Kristi-

Alright, missy! two can play that game!

fatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.giffatbellydancer.gif

I couldn't sleep, so I got up for a glass of chocolate milk! :tongue:

love it love it love it..