Anyone starting 30DS soon?

Options
I was just wondering if there is anyone who is starting Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD soon? I'm thinking about starting mine within the next week. I would like to be in some kind of group while doing it though.

Replies

• robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about starting it again a few days a week. I have my regular routine just want to incorporate this into it.
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Have you already completed it once? Just wondering whether to do 30DS with other cardio. I'm not to sure if it's a good idea or not.
  • Maidei
    Maidei Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30DS everyday right now and I do 30-60mins additional cardio 5days a week. I feel perfectly fine :) It's very manageable. Just listen to your body, if you need to take a day off or do less exercises aside from the shred then go for it. Everyone is different. But it's definitely doable.
  • Jexebel
    Options
    Gonna start it Tuesday
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Starting it tomorrow morning. I am so excited. I will be doing 6 days a week extra cardio with it as well.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I am soooo tempted to try this. I've heard SO much about it, and such good reviews/results, but I'm worried that I'll get disappointed cause I'm super out of shape, 300+ pounds and might not be able to get through the first level.
    Anyone over 300lbs try it and survived? lol

Love and Alohas
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • KaylaKilgore
    Options
    I am soooo tempted to try this. I've heard SO much about it, and such good reviews/results, but I'm worried that I'll get disappointed cause I'm super out of shape, 300+ pounds and might not be able to get through the first level.
    Anyone over 300lbs try it and survived? lol

Love and Alohas
    Ihilani Kapuniai

Jillian actually makes a comment about this in the video.. "I have 300+ people doing these and so can you" she was talking about the jumping jacks and how there is no modified version of it. However, I couldn't get through the entire first day when I tried it before I had to stop mid-way through some of the exercises due to being out of breath. I didn't stick with it to find out but people say that after the 4th day the soreness goes away. You should definitely try it with us :)
  • KaylaKilgore
    Options
    Starting it tomorrow morning. I am so excited. I will be doing 6 days a week extra cardio with it as well.

I believe I'm going to be starting it tomorrow also. I've heard way to much not go 30 days this time around. Oh, and good luck to you :)
  • KaylaKilgore
    Options
    I'm doing the 30DS everyday right now and I do 30-60mins additional cardio 5days a week. I feel perfectly fine :) It's very manageable. Just listen to your body, if you need to take a day off or do less exercises aside from the shred then go for it. Everyone is different. But it's definitely doable.

I can't even do cardio straight for 30 minutes, only 15 at the moment without any pain. haha, but I'm working on it. Thanks for your input. I plan on doing some alternations for 30 minutes if I can: walk 3 min, jog 1, repeat. in the mornings and do the video in the afternoons or evening. But again, thank youu!
  • lovemyself4me
    Options
    Im on Day 3 of level 1 - I had to take 2 days off because of a severe toothache, but will be jumping back on the bandwagon ASAP!

Would love to join in and help you stay motivated.. I need a kick in the behind once every few days too so feel free to do so :)
  • lilgriffo
    Options
    I sTarted today! Alot harder then I thought it would be! i took before photos to see if there is any change!Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other!
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just started today. Definitely felt the burn by the last circuit. Friend me if you would like. I would love to get/give motivation and support.
  • KaylaKilgore
    Options
    Well, I done day 1 today. Did anyone else start today?
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS today too. I have started it a few times but have only gotten up to level 2. I want to make through the 30 days and could use some butt kicking.
  • tish30930
    tish30930 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    BUMP

I have it and need to start! I tried it a few weeks ago and it killed me. I can't keep up.
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I just went and bought this a few hours ago. I will be starting it tonight when my two older girls go to bed. I don't need them laughing at me. I have heard really good things about it. I know it's going to kick my butt. I am excited about it though.

I do any where from 30 - 60 minutes a day on my bike,5 days a week. I am not willing to stop doing this. It gives me something to do. I am a sahm, so I get bored.
  • Desousa4688
    Desousa4688 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just bought it today. I'm excited!!
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I hope to begin it today or tomorrow! Do you know what I will need except the video?
  • Jexebel
    Options
    I did my first day yesterday and didn't think it was too bad, but everything hurts today. Stuff that I've never felt hurt before! Off to do day 2!
  • KaylaKilgore
    Options
    I hope to begin it today or tomorrow! Do you know what I will need except the video?

A set of small weights at first (I've heard of people using unopen water bottles as well) and a yOga mat But ATM I use a blanket