Reintroducing myself to MFP

Options
I've been here for over a year, so I definitely don't qualify as new, but I feel as though I am. I was one of the many people here who disappeared for awhile, the people who fill your news feed with all those "X hasn't logged in for X days" messages. When I was here originally, I found a lot of success, losing almost 20 pounds, getting serious about fitness, and almost reaching my goal weight. I was practically a poster child for the success of MFP.

Unfortunately, now I've also become a poster child of how easy it is to lose focus and fall back into my old ways. In the months that I was gone from here, I stopped going to the gym, and gained back almost all of the weight that I lost. After all that hard work, I'm pretty much back at square one.

So I've decided to start over. I've reset my starting weight and my goals, and letting the past be the past. It's a new day, and there's no time to dwell on either my past successes or failures. All I know is that I'm determined now to get healthy and fit again, and this time I won't let it go once I have it.

The downside of being gone for so long is that I lost some friends on here. Some defriended my due to my inactivity, but a large number of them are still on my friends list, they just have become inactive like I once was. I still have a great group of friends here that provide support, but the one thing I can say from when I was successful here is that the more people you have supporting you here, the better chance you have of being successful. I'm looking for any new friends who are serious about getting healthy and reaching their goals. I've seen so many amazing transformations happen on this site, and I'm here to support everyone on their journeys as well as receive support for my own.

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you back at it. You were one of my first friends here and really inspired me to work hard and be supportive. Looking forward to seeing you around on the regular again.
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm not a new friend but I'm still around.... sadly I could have written this post myself, almost word for word.
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm not a new friend but I'm still around.... sadly I could have written this post myself, almost word for word.
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Just stay focused on your goals and you will have success again. That's the great thing about our bodies, they are resilient to change! You can do it!
  • Jesusinme4life
    Jesusinme4life Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am new here, just about a week. I am enjoying the support and know it is a big help. I'll send a request and would love to be a support for you.
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I know how it is with getting so far and falling off the wagon, it happens to me in practically all aspects of my life. We can encourage each other maybe and stick to it this time! :)