5'10" 199lbs trying to lose about 40lbs.

Options

Replies

• OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 6'...with similar goals. I have been doing this for about 8 month...only 17 more pounds to go!
    You can do this!
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) I'm Katie, I'm about 5'11" and my goal is 170 pounds. I've got a ways go to but I'm hoping to be there by the summer! Add me if you like.

Katie
  • eigotrish
    eigotrish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 5'6 and weigh 193. I lost 6 pounds then put back on 5 but my weight goals are the same as yours. Like you, I am looking for inspiration, but I know that it all starts with me!

So what are you doing to lose the weight? Would love to hear.

Tricia:smile:
  • alamonica
    Options
    Likewise! The santa shuffle sounds great too! Please add me!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your warm welcomes! I'm feeling encouraged already.
  • cfrock
    cfrock Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'10 too! I'm currently at 198 lbs or so and trying to get down to 150. Add me if you want!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    Options
    Well, I'm 5'6 and weigh 193. I lost 6 pounds then put back on 5 but my weight goals are the same as yours. Like you, I am looking for inspiration, but I know that it all starts with me!

So what are you doing to lose the weight? Would love to hear.

Tricia:smile:

What am I doing to lose weight? Well, the basics really. I'm counting calories with MFP (obviously). It seemed a bit too difficult to limit myself to 1400 (1.5 lbs/week) or 1150 (2 lbs/week), and I know if I saw consistent overages I'd quit. So, I set my goal at a more manageable 1650 (1lb/week). I try to come in under that number as often as I can, and I usually do.

I exercise at least 5 times a week. I do the elliptical for at least 35 minutes each time I go to the gym, and shoot to burn at least 400 calories while I'm there. Next week, I'm going to add some weights to my routine. I have no idea how that is going to go.

Um, I think that's pretty much it. How about you?
  • mrsdizzyd84
    Options
    Hello Tawanda and Aimee and ditto. I'm nearly 5'11 and want to lose 40lb. I'd like to lose 20lb by Feb 25th as my brother is getting married. He has bought his wedding forward !!!!. There will be many many people there I havent seen for 10 years ect. I've just turned 40 and really should have tackled these weight issue long ago. My husband is very supportive but its down to me. Have you set any interim goals ?. Good luck to the both of you. X

Interim goal? No I haven't, but I should! I don't even know where to start.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi Im 33 5/8 and I am at my highest at 160 :( my lowest 118. I would like to be around 125 but I doubt I can ever get that thin again so i am aiming for 135. Feel free to add me I can use the support.
  • veritywow
    veritywow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thats a good sensible amount Twanda. Its very hard when you have kids plus family to care for. The best weight lose is gradual and healthy. I have set a goal of 2lb per week, but thats just to get me hopefully to my first goal in time for my brother's wedding on Feb 25th. After that I'm happy with any lose per week, as long as my weight goes down its job done as far as I'm concerned. I also need to focus on making this an ongoing commitment to healthy eating and a better lifestyle. All the best. x
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My dear, anyone who can put their committment and focus on weightloss CAN achieve it... but most importantly is to change your habits, lifestyle and eating for life... and you will never have to worry to have to "lose" pounds again. I am doing it... and if i can ANYONE CAN!!
    I have lost a total of 310 pounds to date. have another 50-60 to go... and i know that I will never go back. changing my habits and lifestyle..getting active is the key...

best of luck in your journey....
  • BrowneJen
    BrowneJen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jen...I weighted 195 when I started MFP in August 2011. I'm down 16 lbs. I'm 5'9" and my goal is 170. I need more supportive friends...add me!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'10"... 23 yrs old... started off at 255lbs. Now I'm around 215. Hoping to get to 170 eventually :) Feel free to add me!
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you... Height and weight. 199.6 to be exact :) My goal right now is between 180 - 185. I'll most likely re-evaluate that when I get closer. My #1 goal is to be comfortable in my own skin.
  • spomaney
    spomaney Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I had to do a double take because that is my exact goal! I'm also 5'10" and my starting weight was 192.2 and I am now at 183.3. My goal is 150, but I'll happily take 155 for the time being lol.
  • tamarahibler
    tamarahibler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'4, 200lbs have already dropped 23lbs since beginning Feb 4th 223. Can't seem to get over that 200lb. mark. A little frustrating, It's good to have a little encouragement from someone who is busting butt trying to lose some pounds.
  • Jenny426
    Jenny426 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, 205. Trying to get down to 165.
  • darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm 5'11" and 173 lbs. I was 182lbs when I started and I think I'll be good around 170lbs.

I did go down to 164 once and I looked like a scarecrow! LOL.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Dede. I'm 27. I'm 5'10" and currently weigh 199 lbs. I'd like to get down to somewhere between 165 and 155. Is there anyone out there with similar goals and/or similar stats that wants to be friends?

My husband and I are losing weight together, but his road is so different from mine that I would just like to see what those in my similar situation are doing/have done .

Thanks anf hi all!

Yes! I'm 6'1 and at 190, I'm looking to get to about 160-170, thts my perfect weight for my frame, I'll add ya!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    Options
    LOL ok this explains why I suddenly got an influx of friend requests. I'm much further a long in my journey now, and I've established a good routine that is working well for me. My current weight is 178. I am 13 pounds from my first goal and 23 pounds away from my "final goal", so I'm more than half way. It's always good to have more tall friends. Thanks for all the adds.