Cardio without using legs

Options
Hi, I need to find some cardio exercises I can do at home that don't require the use of my legs. My Soleus muscles are giving me grief when exercising from "overuse". Apparently running, jumping, squats etc for at least an hour a day, 5 days a week is "overuse", lol. I can see how that works, but now what can I do?? Can anyone help?

Replies

• brynskovich
    Options
    If you have a pool or can get to one, I highly recommend swimming. I recently broke my ankle and have been trying to do cardio with as little impact as possible. Swimming is a great cardio and muscular work out for your whole body with the added benefit of being low-stress on joints and muscles that don't need it. And it feels great to be in the water!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Got a punching bag? Gets my heart rate up every time... and gets rid of pent up frustration.

Is now the time to mention that mine is next to my desk at work??? Haha
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Got a punching bag? Gets my heart rate up every time... and gets rid of pent up frustration.

Is now the time to mention that mine is next to my desk at work??? Haha

agree! this is what i was going to mention :))
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    the Grinder!
  • Shazzylee
    Shazzylee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the ideas :) My parents have a pool, but most days I don't have a car as the hubby leaves for work before the kids are awake, and I don't have a punching bag but I know someone who does and doesn't use it so I might borrow it off them for a while :) Thanks again.
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I don't really know any other than the ones suggested. But I do know that marching in place is low-impact on legs and knees. My knees get to aching severely when I do too many jump ropes or jumping jacks, etc. I have to resort to lower-impact just so I can keep walking the next morning.