Cry when watching movies

Options

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The beginning of 'Up' makes me cry every time I watch it. I even cried in front of my entire staff when we watched the movie at our office Christmas party a couple years ago.
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    Pppffttt! I am such a sap .. I cry at sad commercials!
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    all the time.... :$
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I cry at the On-Star commercials on the radio.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Not very often.

Although the Deathly Hallows part 2 makes me cry.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i cried so hard at this kids movie called "Fluke." Also my dog skip
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I am a cryer. I cry during commercials sometimes. I'm sensitive like that.
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    It takes a man to admit he cry in a movie. There's nothing more sad then those dog movies and I'm sure every guy would agree (not admit) that they would cry. Like Hachiko or Marley and Me. But you will never catch me cry in those drama movies :bigsmile:
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    It takes a man to admit he cry in a movie. There's nothing more sad then those dog movies and I'm sure every guy would agree (not admit) that they would cry. Like Hachiko or Marley and Me. But you will never catch me cry in those drama movies :bigsmile:

I almost had to take the following day off work after watching Hachiko. I cried buckets and gave myself a raging headache and stuffy nose, lol. That one even made my normally stalwart husband cry too.
  • rdvincent
    Options
    Toy Story 3 killed me! bad thing was that I was at the theater. :cry:
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I cried when Wash died.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    When I know ahead of time that a movie will make me cry, it normally wont. If its surprisingly sad - waterworks! I think I cried for 3 days over Blue Valentine. That movie, for personal reasons, just broke me down!
    I laugh at funny movies. Were watching Elf right now and even though Ive seen it 50million times, I still laugh out loud.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Oh, hell yeah. And it's a not a pretty either. Even a moment or two of weepyness will turn my face all red; my eyes get all bloodshot, and my nose swells up like a gin blossom drunkard. Takes a good half hour to recover. Lovely when walking out of a movie theater with a so-happy-I-could-cry ending.

I am lucky enough to experience this as well.
  • Marianna194
    Marianna194 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who cries at commercials. I always thought there was something wrong with me. It doesn't even have to be a sad one. It can just be one of those commercials where the mom's doing laundry with XYZ detergent and then the kid smells it on his clothes and goes to hug the mom and they just cuddle with each other while sniffing the fresh-smelling clothes.
  • MarthaRN
    MarthaRN Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I cry at sit coms.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,034 Member
    Options
    :sad: Oh, yes! I cry at everything! Most recent -- The Muppets Christmas Carol. Remember the Pedigree commercial about Echo? :cry:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I cry at movies...Armageddon always gets me. And I will share this embarassing one with you...when I was pregnant we watched "Castaway" with Tom Hanks and I seriously bawled when Wilson floated away...stupid effing hormones...
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    As I get older, I am becoming more and more of a crier. I used to only cry at things on my own.

I`ve actually bawled my eyes out (that good UGLY cry) in the theatre --- But I was watching Marley and Me and I had recently put my childhood dog down at the time.

But I will cry at pretty much anything if I`m alone now. I`ve cried at hockey interviews if they are talking about people who`ve been influences in their lives or tragic stories.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    I dont cry so my wife says for that i dont have soul or some other useless thing like that lol
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I feel so blessed to be in the company of so many people who are as emotional as me. I remember reading a book one time and in the story there were 5 kids who's parents both died. The story was set in pioneer times when the older children aged 17 and 15 took over the raising of the younger siblings. Every night at supper the older ones would share memories of the parents so the younger ones who didn't have many would learn of their parents.

One of the younger siblings wanted to share his last memory of his mother. The mom was dying in bed and he brought in his pet baby chick that had died. His mom had him crawl in next to year and while she was trying to comfort him by allowing him to nap with her, she died too.

My kids were watching me and I was a basket case. They asked what was wrong and all I could say was, "The chicken died." They all laughed. My daughter wanted to read the book after I was done with it. When she was done I asked her if she cried when the chicken died. She said, "Almost. But I remembered how I made fun of you so I forced myself not to cry."

Kids......