Bump!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If I understand this correctly, the secret to better weightloss is to be close to your BMR but not under?
  • LynneGG
    LynneGG Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thats basically what I've been doing all along based on guidelines from another site. It keeps things more balanced for me and if I want extra calories because of a special event or something I make sure I make up the difference with exercise and not decreasing my caloric intake.

One thing I've learned after spending 3/4 of my life dieting is in order to make this a life long change it has to be manageable along the way...ie not starving or feeling deprived. Those are the 2 feelings that set me up for failure every single time. Its all trial and error trying to find the right fit ...I'll have good days and I'll have bad. Sometimes it boils down to one breath at a time.
  • 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sdmcbride10
    sdmcbride10 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you'd like to try this method or need help figuring out how to set up your MFP goals, feel free to post your info: weight and BMR and I or someone will help you out.

I really like the idea, here is my info. 158lbs and BMR is 1905. I did change the calorie goal to 1905 was I supposed to change the calorie deficit or calori burned weekly amount too?
  • oliviak2012
    Options
    Cool My name's Olivia too!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    bump
  • mapsie
    mapsie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If you'd like to try this method or need help figuring out how to set up your MFP goals, feel free to post your info: weight and BMR and I or someone will help you out.

I really like the idea, here is my info. 158lbs and BMR is 1905. I did change the calorie goal to 1905 was I supposed to change the calorie deficit or calori burned weekly amount too?

1905 seems high for a BMR at 158 pounds. Are you sure you didn't mean maintenance calories? Your mfp needs to be set to maintenance goal and you should only be eating your BMR amount. That's usually around 300-400 calories less than maintenance. BMR can be determined using the calculator located under tools.
  • sdmcbride10
    sdmcbride10 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

1905 seems high for a BMR at 158 pounds. Are you sure you didn't mean maintenance calories? Your mfp needs to be set to maintenance goal and you should only be eating your BMR amount. That's usually around 300-400 calories less than maintenance. BMR can be determined using the calculator located under tools.

Sorry, what should my calorie goal be according to TOOLS my BMR is 1465. Should I change it to that?
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    New to MFP and this thread hurts my brain:embarassed:
    I see it's more for when you have less weight to lose anyway so bumping for when I have 20lbs left to go!:bigsmile:
  • olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Sorry, what should my calorie goal be according to TOOLS my BMR is 1465. Should I change it to that?

Just set up MFP to maintain your weight, not lose. Your daily goal will then be your maintenance calories before exercise.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    bumping to do after I see the nutritionist/exercise physiologist tomorrow
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Help for someone who still isn't 100% clear (mostly how much I should be eating especially on days where I burn about 750)? This is my info:

BMR: 1305
    Maintenance calories: 1625

I'm ~137lbs right now and I want to be ~128
  • Kawaii618
    Kawaii618 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will totally try this
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Help for someone who still isn't 100% clear (mostly how much I should be eating especially on days where I burn about 750)? This is my info:

BMR: 1305
    Maintenance calories: 1625

I'm ~137lbs right now and I want to be ~128

You will set your mfp to 1625 but only eat 1305, maybe more but never less. So you have to burn 680 calories through exercise before you reach your max deficit of 1,000. When that happens you eat back the difference only. So if you burned 800, your green number would say 1120, and you would eat a 120 calorie snack to get back to 1,000.