College kids losing some jiggle?

Options
Hey all;

First off; I'm new here and so fu*king stoked about MFP. It seems like an accurate way to track cals in/out - something I have never been able to do consistently. On that end; I am in constant need of motivation - accountability is my best friend when it comes to this weightloss business. So, if you feel inspired; let's be friends. I have your back if you have mine. :)

While I completely welcome friends and motivators of any age or background, it would be so beneficial to me to meet some people on here who are in their college/post-grad years...I think there are challenges related to losing weight that are unique to our age and our living on college campuses.

So, if you've been there, done that - or if you're doing it now - let's join forces. These 50 pounds won't lose themselves.

:) - Jody

Replies

• kythemodel
    Options
    I'm in my 2nd year of uni and trying to completely rid myself of the 20+ lbs I gained while living on campus in first year (that damn cafeteria food!). So far I've lost about 10lbs, but I still have a ways to go!
  • jinxypinxy
    jinxypinxy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in my last year of uni, but I'm off to law school next year. Also trying to lose the weight I've put on at college! Add me as a friend if you want and good luck! :)
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    19. 3rd year college student. GW 110. :P
  • cambamx3
    Options
    im 19 and in my 2nd year of college!! i've been trying to find more people my age so anyone feel free to add me!!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 and in second year. I have lost almost 40 pounds and am right around my goal. I'm open to friend requests, but be warned - my diary is NOT full of water, spinach, and "diet" foods. :) Good luck on your journey!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in my second year, I have a goal to lose 50 lbs (now 46!) by June when I turn 20! I'd love to be friends!
  • Yasmineh_
    Options
    I'm 19 and in my 3rd year of college :) And I've got like 60 lbs to lose.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I gained probably a good nearly 40lbs after starting college. Lost some. gained ect. I have now lost 24 of it. Hoping to lose the last 20 in 2012 for good!
  • JElizabethJB
    Options
    I'm graduating in May and I've always been overweight. My goal is to lose 100 pounds and I'm at my half way point. I started losing in February and have lost 54 this year. I have 46 left! and school ends tomorrow so I'm getting back on schedule :) I am getting back to logging my food and not drinking sodas! I can help you stay motivated! I'm getting back on my dvd workouts! I've done it all at home so it can be done!

Beth
  • Jenny_leanne
    Options
    Been there, and the freshman 15 does exist, and so does the Sophmore 20. I just graduated and working hard to work off the late night pizza/study sessions. Support is always helpful. Add if you want. :)