Weight loss/meal replacement shakes

Options

Replies

• Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    The Atkins drinks are really good and sweet tasting, with low carbs, low sugar and high in protein!

I second that!
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • Christiane81
    Options
    I make one for breakfast and they taste much better than the stuff in the store. I mix a good quality protein powder, 1 cup of frozen fruit (either berries or a banana), unsweetened almond milk, and greek yogurt.
  • Mel36Run
    Mel36Run Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The Atkins drinks are really good and sweet tasting, with low carbs, low sugar and high in protein!

I second that!

I agree! Atkins taste great and are low in calorie, sugar and carbs. You can find a 4 pack at Target for about $5.50. I have been drinking one for breakfast. They keep me full until lunch time. Yogurt and presliced fruit or veggies are a great option too.
  • Bomber989
    Options
    Lots of options, just depends on what is important to you. I've been using the Shaklee "Cinch" shake for about three months and have lost 23 pounds. It's all natural and contains Leucine to help prevent muscle loss. I use the chocolate and it's great. This is a mix so you will need either a shaker cup or I use an electric hand blender with ice and it's truly like a shake. Very good, especially if you like chocolate. The mix is 190 calories plus what ever you mix it with, water, milk, soy, yogurt it's your choice. The real benefit to this is that it's all natural and is a great sourch of vitamins, minerals and fiber....naturally. Let me know if you would like more info, I'd be happy to help. Good luck.
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I use ViSalus shakes ! The basic flavor is sweet cream and you can add all of sorts of things to make it fabulous ! There are so many recipes I have found online so it never gets boring drinking them!
  • angelbeville
    Options
    I'm considering Brendan Brazier's Vega Whole Health Optimizer. Has anyone tried it?
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I use ViSalus shakes ! The basic flavor is sweet cream and you can add all of sorts of things to make it fabulous ! There are so many recipes I have found online so it never gets boring drinking them!

Is it working for you? I don't find it's working. I'm on my second month, actually canceled my last month cause I only have lost 7 LBS in total since starting. Are you sticking to MFP calorie goal as well?
  • cjipping
    cjipping Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Nurtilite Meal Replacement shakes in the chocolate flavor. They taste AMAZING! Like chocolate milk. The biggest thing for me about the Nutrilite shakes is they have 24 vitamins and minerals in them so you don't miss out on all the nutrients you would be getting if you ate a meal. They only cost $2.75 a shake. I will drink one of those and grab an apple for a quick breakfast i can eat on my car ride to work.

Good luck finding something that works for you!
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    2 things I was told in the past:
    1) Slim fast, Ensure and Boost all filled with sugar
    2) Meal Replacement - if you buy the powder, to mix yourself, make sure the directions say milk or water. If it only says water than all it is, is a protein shake.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    check out meal replacement shake reviews (do a search, i think its www.mealreplacementshakereviews.com but i am not positive)

After that and more research, i bought Ideal Shape Shakes. They are fantastic!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I dont think one should rely on store bought shakes for weight loss. I've used those shakes and ate well in the past and still managed to stay the same or gain.

I use a meal plan from the doctor called HMR. I love it, when I have the money to buy it.

When I dont I use Max Protein.
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Is it working for you? I don't find it's working. I'm on my second month, actually canceled my last month cause I only have lost 7 LBS in total since starting. Are you sticking to MFP calorie goal as well?

I started using Visalus to maintain my weight really. I had lost most of it prior to starting them. I am however, trying to lose a few more pounds, so I will let you know how it works when I start replacing 2 meals a day with it !

Are you sticking to 2 shakes a day or just one??? I think if you drink a shake for breakfast and lunch and then have a healthy dinner it is beneficial !!
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I was using ther slimfast shakes, until I checked out the sugar content, just by having 2 shakes, put me over my daily allowance of sugar!!! I am not going back to having egg on toast for breakfast, dry fried, and for lunch I like to have a mug shot, which is like a cup a soup with pasta or noodles.
  • nailed479
    Options
    I drink Shakeology as well!!! It's the best shake that I have ever gotten, its yummy, and soooo good for you!!!!
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife or Herbex
  • HRHCaragh
    Options
    check out meal replacement shake reviews (do a search, i think its www.mealreplacementshakereviews.com but i am not positive)

After that and more research, i bought Ideal Shape Shakes. They are fantastic!

Amy! Thank you so much for this link!!!!!
  • melanienjbong
    Options
    So far I have used Carnation Instant Breakfast in soy milk for breakfast and dinner, I've also been eating a lot of fresh veggies and fruits and a low calorie dinner and so far I have lost 23 lbs since May 21, 2014
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have been using the optimum nutrician vanilla mixed in smoothies or yogurt to get extra protein. It is excellent and contains whey protein isolate that my nutritionist/ dietician suggested.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    when im in the mood i put in EAS Lean 15 protein , one cup of mixed berries and a cup of silk almond milk fortified with protein and fiber and a half cup of water .. its really good and holds me over for a while ..i have to really force my next meal in three hours later