Anyone elses goal size in the double digits??

Options

Replies

• marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    ***** triple post *****

Ooops...! :embarassed:
  • Godsown4ever
    Options
    Heh! With my bones I'd never get to a 4-6! I'd be thrilled with a 10/12 -14!!! I think the last time I was that size was waaaaay back in 74 when I was 13!
  • MariaL93
    MariaL93 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My goal is not to be "skinny" just healthly. I want to be able to buy clothes off the rack and not go to a plus size store. My goal is just to be healthly and get this weight off. My goal is to be 12/14? I was up to a 26 and now down to 22.
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I will probably end up a size 10/12, and I will be happy with that. I weighed around 170 before I started having kids and I was a size 12/14, so since my goal weight is a little less than that, I figure I will end up a 10/12 or so, since my hips are a bit wider than they were then.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    The thing is I weighed about 165 at a size 16 way back when and when I've look at sites like http://www.mybodygallery.com/ and size 16's they all seem to weigh a heck of a lot more. I don't know if sizes have changed that radically since the 80's or not but it seems that what was a 16 then is more like a 10/12 now. :huh: The woman my height wearing a size 16 weigh over 200 lbs.

Vanity sizing, for sure. Back when I weighed 150, I was wearing a size 13. I STILL have a pair of shorts from then and even though I wear a size 12 now, I can barely button and zip those old size 13s and have horrible muffin top when I do.
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My goal is a ten, I haven't been a ten since high school! However, if at size ten I think I can lose more, I'll reevaluate.
  • penguinqt
    Options
    For me, I don't even know if I can be under size 10! When I was 120 pounds several years ago, I couldn't fit in any clothes smaller than a size 10! It was so frustrating after losing all that weight and then not be able to wear "normal" sized clothes. I found out I actually do have a bigger bone structure, even though I originally used the "big-boned" excuse (unknowingly) for being overweight. I literally could not get under 120 pounds unless I wanted to become anorexic or something. So it is fine not to be able to be under that size, it's impossible for some people.
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm torn! Right now I'm a 6/8 dress size, which is fine by me, but still a 12 in jeans!

So I'd love size 10 hips. :)
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    I'm 5'2" with a large frame - I'm one of the folks who KNOWs that their hips just won't let them be any less than a 10 - which is OK by me! Anything's better than the 20/22W I started with.

Good luck at any size!
  • losinglbs0208
    Options
    I thought my goal this time was just a 10. I have so much trouble maintaining that I was thinking 10 should be doable for more than a month or two, maybe I should just stop there.
    But I fit into a size 10 this weekend (well, 10 Curvy at Ann Taylor, but 10 nonetheless) and I'm still way too fat. (Seriously. My stomach looks like what I imagine that Duggar woman's stomach must look like. But I've NEVER HAD A KID!!!)
    So now I'm going for a size 8 in pants, assuming that means this gut is gone. I'm not concerned with being tiny, I just want to shed flab. If I could be a 10 and have less of a stomach, that would totally satisfy me.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I think I'll end up in a size 10. I'm currently mostly in 12s and have about 15 to 20 more pounds to reach my goal weight. I'm aiming for 145 (which at 5'5" is only 5 pounds less than my highest "healthy" BMI). There's a small chance I could end up in size 8 jeans (given the vanity sizing these days). I'd be ecstatic if I could get my waist to 28", but would be content with 30". And there's no way I'll be able to wear anything smaller than a Large in shirts; my shoulders and rib cage are just too large. I want to be healthy and fit, able to do anything I want to do, not skinny for the sake of fashion or societal standards.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    yep...got a closet full of size 10's I would love to fit back in to!!!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My goal is a size 14! I'm 5'10" and have a big tush (always have!). I want to still be able to shop in the plus size store because they make their pants curvy and the smallest they have is a 14. If I buy 14 in the regular stores they are never generous enough in the thighs and tush area. My 18 year old has this issue and she's a size 12 at 6" tall. We found one brand that fits her properly so likely they will fit me too if I drop below a 14. I told her when I started that my goal was to borrow her jeans. =)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I've just got into size 14 PJ's after years in size 20's so I'm ecstatic! . problem is they vary so much.. some 14 jog pants I got are too tight and 2" shorter at waistband. same with tops.. some 16's easily fit, others are bit too tight. At minute I'm happy with 14/16.... but 12/14 would be good! .. but I still got another 18lbs to go after xmas so I might get there!!! :happy:

I used to be a size 10 but I think clothes..especially ladies..are designed to be smaller fit than they did years ago so I don't think I will get in 10 again!
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I want to be an Australian size 10 which if i have my conversions right is UK 8 and US 6. I started at an Australian size 14 and im about a 12 now. So i started UK 12 and US 10.
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to shop for clothes in a non-specialty store. No more Lane Bryant please!!!!
  • zoebuckley1990
    Options
    I wanna get down to 10 and a half stone, I'm currently just under 14 stone x
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be a 10-12 with my ideal weight at 170. I have a very muscular body, so to get below that to be a "healthy" weight for my 5'7" (around 140) is just unrealistic. When I ran cross country in high school I was 170 and 5'7, wearing a size 10 and I was running 5-10 miles a day! I don't know what size I will be when I end up, I just want to be healthy, look good, and be able to buy clothes from any store. Also, I like my curves :) I would feel weird with no boobs and no hips...
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    Yes! Me me me. The smallest size I can remember wearing was a snug 10, so I will be thrilled to get to a 12 or even a 14.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Same here. My goal is probably a 10 or 12. I personally just find a bit of curves to be very sexy on a woman, and luckily, so does my boyfriend! It's all a matter of personal preference.