Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone elses goal size in the double digits??

Replies

• marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 983 Member
    ***** triple post *****

Ooops...! :embarassed:
  • Heh! With my bones I'd never get to a 4-6! I'd be thrilled with a 10/12 -14!!! I think the last time I was that size was waaaaay back in 74 when I was 13!
  • MariaL93
    MariaL93 Posts: 35 Member
    My goal is not to be "skinny" just healthly. I want to be able to buy clothes off the rack and not go to a plus size store. My goal is just to be healthly and get this weight off. My goal is to be 12/14? I was up to a 26 and now down to 22.
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    I will probably end up a size 10/12, and I will be happy with that. I weighed around 170 before I started having kids and I was a size 12/14, so since my goal weight is a little less than that, I figure I will end up a 10/12 or so, since my hips are a bit wider than they were then.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    The thing is I weighed about 165 at a size 16 way back when and when I've look at sites like http://www.mybodygallery.com/ and size 16's they all seem to weigh a heck of a lot more. I don't know if sizes have changed that radically since the 80's or not but it seems that what was a 16 then is more like a 10/12 now. :huh: The woman my height wearing a size 16 weigh over 200 lbs.

Vanity sizing, for sure. Back when I weighed 150, I was wearing a size 13. I STILL have a pair of shorts from then and even though I wear a size 12 now, I can barely button and zip those old size 13s and have horrible muffin top when I do.
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    My goal is a ten, I haven't been a ten since high school! However, if at size ten I think I can lose more, I'll reevaluate.
  • For me, I don't even know if I can be under size 10! When I was 120 pounds several years ago, I couldn't fit in any clothes smaller than a size 10! It was so frustrating after losing all that weight and then not be able to wear "normal" sized clothes. I found out I actually do have a bigger bone structure, even though I originally used the "big-boned" excuse (unknowingly) for being overweight. I literally could not get under 120 pounds unless I wanted to become anorexic or something. So it is fine not to be able to be under that size, it's impossible for some people.
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 164 Member
    I'm torn! Right now I'm a 6/8 dress size, which is fine by me, but still a 12 in jeans!

So I'd love size 10 hips. :)
  • I'm 5'2" with a large frame - I'm one of the folks who KNOWs that their hips just won't let them be any less than a 10 - which is OK by me! Anything's better than the 20/22W I started with.

Good luck at any size!
  • I thought my goal this time was just a 10. I have so much trouble maintaining that I was thinking 10 should be doable for more than a month or two, maybe I should just stop there.
    But I fit into a size 10 this weekend (well, 10 Curvy at Ann Taylor, but 10 nonetheless) and I'm still way too fat. (Seriously. My stomach looks like what I imagine that Duggar woman's stomach must look like. But I've NEVER HAD A KID!!!)
    So now I'm going for a size 8 in pants, assuming that means this gut is gone. I'm not concerned with being tiny, I just want to shed flab. If I could be a 10 and have less of a stomach, that would totally satisfy me.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    I think I'll end up in a size 10. I'm currently mostly in 12s and have about 15 to 20 more pounds to reach my goal weight. I'm aiming for 145 (which at 5'5" is only 5 pounds less than my highest "healthy" BMI). There's a small chance I could end up in size 8 jeans (given the vanity sizing these days). I'd be ecstatic if I could get my waist to 28", but would be content with 30". And there's no way I'll be able to wear anything smaller than a Large in shirts; my shoulders and rib cage are just too large. I want to be healthy and fit, able to do anything I want to do, not skinny for the sake of fashion or societal standards.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    yep...got a closet full of size 10's I would love to fit back in to!!!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    My goal is a size 14! I'm 5'10" and have a big tush (always have!). I want to still be able to shop in the plus size store because they make their pants curvy and the smallest they have is a 14. If I buy 14 in the regular stores they are never generous enough in the thighs and tush area. My 18 year old has this issue and she's a size 12 at 6" tall. We found one brand that fits her properly so likely they will fit me too if I drop below a 14. I told her when I started that my goal was to borrow her jeans. =)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    I've just got into size 14 PJ's after years in size 20's so I'm ecstatic! . problem is they vary so much.. some 14 jog pants I got are too tight and 2" shorter at waistband. same with tops.. some 16's easily fit, others are bit too tight. At minute I'm happy with 14/16.... but 12/14 would be good! .. but I still got another 18lbs to go after xmas so I might get there!!! :happy:

I used to be a size 10 but I think clothes..especially ladies..are designed to be smaller fit than they did years ago so I don't think I will get in 10 again!
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    I want to be an Australian size 10 which if i have my conversions right is UK 8 and US 6. I started at an Australian size 14 and im about a 12 now. So i started UK 12 and US 10.
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    I'd just like to shop for clothes in a non-specialty store. No more Lane Bryant please!!!!
  • I wanna get down to 10 and a half stone, I'm currently just under 14 stone x
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    My goal is to be a 10-12 with my ideal weight at 170. I have a very muscular body, so to get below that to be a "healthy" weight for my 5'7" (around 140) is just unrealistic. When I ran cross country in high school I was 170 and 5'7, wearing a size 10 and I was running 5-10 miles a day! I don't know what size I will be when I end up, I just want to be healthy, look good, and be able to buy clothes from any store. Also, I like my curves :) I would feel weird with no boobs and no hips...
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Yes! Me me me. The smallest size I can remember wearing was a snug 10, so I will be thrilled to get to a 12 or even a 14.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Same here. My goal is probably a 10 or 12. I personally just find a bit of curves to be very sexy on a woman, and luckily, so does my boyfriend! It's all a matter of personal preference.