Logging 30DS

Options
Ok so I've been following advice I've seen on the forums and logging the 30 Day Shred as general circuit training, for 20 minutes (ie. the workout not counting warm up and down). But I've just noticed that logging it as 20 minutes registers as 100 cals burned, but 18 minutes logs as 200+? WTH?? Has anyone else seen this, and what do I take from that? Do I go for somewhere in the middle? I somehow feel that I'm probably not burning 200+ cals in only 20 minutes...but then I'm pretty badly overweight so is it possible?

Replies

• rochey1098
    Options
    rule of thumb with cardio is 100 calories per 10 minutes so 200+ sounds about right. I guess it's a bug
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Interesting... my eliptical claims that I only burn around 115 calories for 20 minutes. I've always felt that I have to be burning more, but stuck with logging that just in case.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the 30DS level 1, in 20 minutes I brun about 139 calories so what I did was make my own exercise for it as 30 day shred and put the 139 calories burned in it for the 20 minutes. I just calculated it on my own, on a forum in here it had the formula to do so one time. So while it says 200 on one and 100 on the other, someone probably logged it in, but put how much THEY burn while doing it. everyone is different, people with more weight tend to burn more then others with less weight.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 day shred, and according to my HRM- I burn around 220 cals- including the warm up and cool down...
  • currlygirrl
    currlygirrl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this as well. I burn about 195-210 calories on level on for the entire workout. I will add that I don't follow the people on the tv I go much faster when I'm doing my cardio because I feel like they go too slow....
    I'm 5'1 and currently at 150lbs , hope this helps!:smile: