Weighing in

Options
How often do you weigh yourself?
And how often do you feel like you should weigh yourself?

I've been obsessed by the scale nd counting my calories in general,
I've been weighing myself every morning. I'd like to weigh myself no more than once a week. I feel like I will see pore progress that way.

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after i pee. My weight fluctuates but i just cant help myself from looking!
  • Hyperspace
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after i pee. My weight fluctuates but i just cant help myself from looking!

So do I. This actually helps me. If my weight is down, I feel happy and encouraged. If it's up, I want to redouble my efforts.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

So do I. This actually helps me. If my weight is down, I feel happy and encouraged. If it's up, I want to redouble my efforts.

Exactly! :D It motivates me big time to see that number come down every week.
  • kgcart
    kgcart Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself?
    And how often do you feel like you should weigh yourself?

I've been obsessed by the scale nd counting my calories in general,
    I've been weighing myself every morning. I'd like to weigh myself no more than once a week. I feel like I will see pore progress that way.

I was weighing everyday or every other day and it was bumming me out! The water/weight fluctuations were discouraging. Nothing worse for me than to have a good day for example, weigh the next morning and see a half pound or higher gain. Quite frankly, that sucks! I weigh once a week on Friday's and it's working better for me. Now if I have a "not so good weekend", I get on the scale Monday to assess the damage and start damage control if need be! Good Luck!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh every morning and get really depressed if there was the slightest change unless it was downwards.

Now I only weigh once a week, on a Friday morning - took some strength to do it, but I'm glad I do it that way.

On the odd occasion I have sneaked a peek and I've gained a little perhaps, it's thrown me for the remainder of that day, and that's the reason I had to stop!