What does the weather have to do with anything?

Options
fit4mom
fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
I have realized that (as most people on here) motivation is waning. It seems to me that as the weather gets colder the desire to get out there and work out seems to be disappearing. I thought this might encourage some of you who could be wondering why your feeling less motivated. We wonder where it goes sometimes and for me, this seems to be it. I don't have a gym membership so no motivation of commonality and my treadmill is in the garage (VERY COLD!) I've found as the cold comes in I need to have that thing I need to do right in front of me (get off my but and move the treadmill in!) I'm not gaining because I have my boundaries in place and am watching what I eat but I'm a more creative, energized whole person when I work out. It adds purpose to my life as I am utilizing my body to the fullest as the treasured gift that it is. Have a great day and find your motivation. You can do this.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    We frequently have months here where it never gets higher than -35C with or without the windchill. I seem to recall last year there being at least two weeks where it never went above -40C with the windchill (and because I live in the prairies, there is almost always a windchill every day).

So I'm okay staying indoors. :) Haha. But if it's warmer where you live, I say go for it!
  • fit4mom
    Options
    Not really sure. I don't know the Fahrenheit to Celsius ratio. But I do think it is important to find a way to incorporate exercise into our lives the same as eating in moderation and eating well.
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    -35 C = -31 F
    -40 C = -40 F

So getting down to 0 C (32F) last week and complaining about it isn't likely to get me much sympathy, I guess, eh? :wink:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    We frequently have months here where it never gets higher than -35C with or without the windchill. I seem to recall last year there being at least two weeks where it never went above -40C with the windchill (and because I live in the prairies, there is almost always a windchill every day).

So I'm okay staying indoors. :) Haha. But if it's warmer where you live, I say go for it!

I get those temps as well, and those are usually the days I find something to do inside my house that doesn't require me leaving my house for more than work lol When it gets that cold, I usually do some yoga or something that can be done in my living room.
  • Alishia_655
    Options
    -35 C = -31 F
    -40 C = -40 F

So getting down to 0 C (32F) last week and complaining about it isn't likely to get me much sympathy, I guess, eh? :wink:

That is cold. I know here it's been getting up to like 35-40 during the day and I choose to stay indoors as much as possible. But I have exercise tv and lots of housework to do. Kinda starting to like that the laundry room is downstairs now.

So to those who don't dare go outside, I don't blame you!! Stay warm and happy!
  • fit4mom
    Options
    -35 C = -31 F
    -40 C = -40 F

Very cute. I'm hoping some people start to identify where there motivation is going. The weather is huge for me. My husband accuses me of putting my hands in ice water because they are constantly cold. I answer with cold hands means a warm heart. I love sticking them on his back occasionally because he's so cute when he jumps and smiles in reaction. He does his own version of the the SNL skit of Will Ferral screaming "My BACK MY BACK GET OFF ME"
  • Alishia_655
    Options
    -35 C = -31 F
    -40 C = -40 F

Very cute. I'm hoping some people start to identify where there motivation is going. The weather is huge for me. My husband accuses me of putting my hands in ice water because they are constantly cold. I answer with cold hands means a warm heart. I love sticking them on his back occasionally because he's so cute when he jumps and smiles in reaction. He does his own version of the the SNL skit of Will Ferral screaming "My BACK MY BACK GET OFF ME"

Thanks for that. Just had a mental image of my brother in law screaming like a little girl. Can't stop laughing! I needed that this morning.
  • fit4mom
    Options
    Anytime, we both know my dear husband is always good for a laugh. I keep asking him why he didn't go into comedy. Laughing is a great calorie burn. Thanks for the loss of 5 calories. LOL