Anyone have any low calorie cookie recipes?

Options
I have a craving for cookies, does anyone have any cookie recipes?

Replies

• redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    bump!

I was thinking about this topic today! I'm doing some christmas baking on the weekend, and would love some more healthy options
  • fitfoodeeee
    Options
    (Per hefty-sized cookie):
    Cals: 87!!! Carbs: 17 g, Fat: 1 g, Protein: 3 g, Sugar: 7g
    Yield: 8 cookies

Ingredients:
    1/2 C whole-wheat flour
    3/4 C old-fashioned oats
    1/4 C egg whites
    1/2 C granulated Splenda
    6 T organic apple/banana baby food (yes, baby food)
    1/4 C pure pumpkin puree
    2 T unpacked brown sugar
    2 T semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1/4 t baking soda
    3/4 t vanilla extract
    8 walnut halves
    1/8 t salt

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a food processor combine the dry ingredients (flour, oatmeal, Splenda, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt.) In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients (egg whites, baby food, and vanilla extract). At the wet to the dry, and stir to combine. Next, fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon 8 even circles of batter onto a foil-covered cookie sheet. Top each cookie with 1 walnut half. Bake for 10-13 minutes, until the cookies are a bit firm.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Why not just have 1 or 2 regular cookies?
  • timingsands
    Options
    Meringue cookies made from egg whites are usually low cal. If you use a sugar substitute the calories become ludicrously low: http://dietpulpit.com/177/chocolate-meringue-cookies/
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I second the meringue idea, and also substituting sugar for splenda. If the cookie base requires milk, use 1% milk instead and you'll already be drastically cutting the calories. The key is to focus on spices -- vanilla, clove, cinnamon, etc. as those don't contain any calories, to make up for the loss of sugar and flavor.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Go to Skinnytaste.com for great ideas from sweet to savory. Laloosa.com is also a good site. Good luck.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Step away from the cookie jar and Eat some grapes instead. :drinker:
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Why not just have 1 or 2 regular cookies?

I have to agree with this one.

And since all carbohydrates turn to sugar (except fiber since it's indigestible) there really is no point separating carbs and sugars. 17g of carbs is 17g of sugar.
    So - out of those 87 calories 68 calories come from something that will turn to sugar in the body. No thank you. I'll stick with my no grain, low-sugar, high-fat lifestyle (about 60-70% of my daily calories come from fat - most of that saturated).
  • Konpeito
    Options
    Thanks for all the help~
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    homemade whipped shortbread only have 70 calories each!
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Take a chocolate chip cookie recipe. Replace most of the butter with unsweetened appleasauce. Replace one egg with 2 egg whites. Decrease the amount of chocolate chips. Experiment.
  • stcar
    Options
    Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
    1/4 cup red maraschino cherries, quartered
    1/4 cup green maraschino cherries, quartered
    Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    In a large bowl, combine butter, flour, and confectioners' sugar. With an electric mixer, beat for 10 minutes, until light and fluffy. Spoon onto cookie sheets, spacing cookies 2 inches apart. Place a piece of maraschino cherry onto the middle of each cookie, alternating between red and green.
    Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned. Remove from oven, and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies on to wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container, separating each layer with waxed paper.
    Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 75 | Total Fat: 5.2g | Cholesterol: 14mg
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options

The problem with low cal recipes, is you can't just make one and I can't stop at one. :grumble:
  • stcar
    Options

The problem with low cal recipes, is you can't just make one and I can't stop at one. :grumble:

True, I made them yesterday and ate four lol...but they were worth it!!
  • Konpeito
    Options
    Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
    Directions

In a large bowl, combine butter, flour, and confectioners' sugar. With an electric mixer, beat for 10 minutes, until light and fluffy. Spoon onto cookie sheets, spacing cookies 2 inches apart. Place a piece of maraschino cherry onto the middle of each cookie, alternating between red and green.
    Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned. Remove from oven, and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies on to wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container, separating each layer with waxed paper.
    Nutritional Information

These sound really good but the problem is I don't have an electric mixer is there a way you can do it if I hand mixed it?
  • crazycat80
    crazycat80 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/1282268-Healthy-Oatmeal-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies

Yummy healthier oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Have about 75 calories each.
  • stcar
    Options
    Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
    Directions

Nutritional Information

These sound really good but the problem is I don't have an electric mixer is there a way you can do it if I hand mixed it?

Sure, if you mix them by hand, they will just turn out harder (not as crumbly, melt in your mouth) but still good! I would just probably roll the dough at the end and use cookie cutters :)
  • tigress7435
    tigress7435 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Try looking at allrecipes. com. They have alot of good recipes. Even low calorie ones.
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Healthy-Recipes/Low-Calorie/Desserts/ViewAll.aspx
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I second the meringue idea, and also substituting sugar for splenda. If the cookie base requires milk, use 1% milk instead and you'll already be drastically cutting the calories. The key is to focus on spices -- vanilla, clove, cinnamon, etc. as those don't contain any calories, to make up for the loss of sugar and flavor.

Are you suggesting substituting splenda for sugar in meringue?
  • hicenogle
    hicenogle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How many cookies does this recipe make? Sounds awesome!!