New Years Resolutions

This past year has been a good but challenging year. I got pregnant close to this time last year, moved a couple of times, had my baby, stayed with her in the hospital for 42 days, watched my best friend/mother-in-law die (all while gaining 75 lbs).
In 2012 I want to be healthy. I want to get good grades. And I want to get into University of Michigan.
In order to be healthy I am using mfp. I'm not necessarily on a diet, I eat whatever I decide is worth eating. I like to see what I'm putting in my body, so when I eat something that is really high in calories I see that I only have soo few calories left before I've used all my body needs to consume,it really makes me not eat a lot of high calorie foods. I'm getting a stationary bike and I'm going to be riding it every day for at least 30 mins a day.

Replies

• sounds like a tough year. but 2012 is a new start :smile:

good luck to you keeping and doing your new years resolutions! it can be tough but just keep your head up, also, recumbent bikes are great!
  • dancinonwater
    dancinonwater Posts: 18 Member
    I can empathize. I had a really tough year as well. I had to have surgery on my knee which caused me to be unable to dance, my close friend got breast cancer, and my best friend's loved one died, all while I was struggling with a nearly crippling anxiety disorder. Things are still tough around here, but they are going to get better! 2012 is going to be my year!

My resolutions: To eat healthy and only use food as fuel, to obtain my goal weight and my bikini body by the summer, and to be a better person. I want to be a healthier person, and I want to be a kinder person and do everything in my power to be nice to people.

I feel as if I am a catarpillar. Inside me, there is a beautiful butterfly just waiting to come out, but I have to help it along. Only you can choose to become that butterfly! The butterfly inside me is thin, caring, hardworking, and trustworthy. And this year, in 2012, I will let her out.
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    MFP is definitely a great way to realize exactly what you're putting into your body. Welcome!!