how often do u weigh your self?

Options
if u weigh daily do u find you gain alitte midweek before i loss?

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, understanding that my weight fluctuates based on a lot of factors. I do notice that sometimes I gain the same pound back before I drop back down, but that's just a pattern I've noticed in my own body.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have an official weigh in on the 1st of every month, other than that I tend to do it weekly. While "wearing in" my new scales I was doing it daily to monitor fluctuations and would usually see a gain after the bigger exercise days followed by a loss.

Based on which I switched my weigh day to a Thursday instead of a Monday.

PS. Your daily weight will change, it does not mean that weight is fat..If you eat 500g of food, your body weight will increase by 500g
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and I have either stayed the same as the previous day or I have lost a 1/2 pound. It averages out to about a pound a week at this point. Sometimes more. I'm getting close to my goal weight now so it's slowed way down.
  • phleb70
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I have not lost or gained weight and have been a little frustrated but determined to keep working out and eating right.
  • choccay
    Options
    Once a week, Monday mornings before breakfast.
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I find it best to weigh yourself once a week due to fluctuations during the week. Also weigh yourself first thing in the morning before breakfast, preferable with minimal clothing.
  • jolson1375
    jolson1375 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Sunday, first thing in the morning prior to breakfast. I also have a monthly weigh-in with my personal trainer at my gym.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Sunday morning.
    I avoid the scale because it makes me crazy. If I am up I get depressed and eat too much, but if I am down I celebrate by eating too much. You see the problem. :grumble:
  • mudya
    mudya Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every 2/3 weeks. But I haven't weighed myself for about 4 weeks now :( My scales are at home, and I'm at uni right now, so will have to wait for another week to weigh myself. I could easily buy scales, but I already have 2 at home, don't need an extra one to be lying around not being used! :P Seriously can't wait to weigh myself!
  • obaker
    obaker Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have an official weigh in on the 1st of every month, other than that I tend to do it weekly. While "wearing in" my new scales I was doing it daily to monitor fluctuations and would usually see a gain after the bigger exercise days followed by a loss.

So glad to hear that someone else notices a gain after exercise. I have just increased my exercise from short, leisurely walks to long walks/jogs and circuit training. The last few times I have noticed my weight went up before it dropped again and was a bit disappointed.

Does anyone know why this happens? Is it just water retention or something?
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    I find Friday's to be the best day to weigh in, but that's because I've been known to eat bad on the weekends. As of last weekend, that has changed!

I'm working on this flaw for good!
  • fasmoodle
    Options
    I weigh daily...have not lost in nearly two weeks...up until this I was losing avg 1lb/wk....
    Been trying to lose for years this is the first time I really stuck at it...don't see me quitting anytime soon....love this app.... :)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh daily, but SO much was affecting it. Sodium, TOM, bowel movements, (lol) so now I weigh once a week.
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    my scales are right next to the sink so while I'm waiting for the tap to heat I just hop on on a morning, sometimes it can be 3-4 days in a row then I'll forget and I can go a week or so without. I'm not really religious about weighing.
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I personally think weighing yourself too much is just going to make you more depressed than anything if you don't see a loss....it is a mental thing. I have lost a lot of weight over the past 2yrs but appear to have come to a standstill....I fluctuate a lot....however I am leaning out more and my have gone down in my clothe sizes. How do you like what you see in the mirror or in overall health? Perhaps you should go that route for a while? But I understand we want to see a loss....as I do too!! ;-)
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    Once a week on Sunday morning.
    I avoid the scale because it makes me crazy. If I am up I get depressed and eat too much, but if I am down I celebrate by eating too much. You see the problem. :grumble:

i do the same if i notice a big loss lol
  • Art63
    Art63 Posts: 87
    Options
    The newness of watching my calories and walking is still fresh with me so I'm weighing each morning. It's encouraging to see losses or only slight gains since it's easy for me to compare that to what I had been for a dozen years. But I can see where this will get old and no fun eventually...especially when I reach a point where it's real difficult to lose.
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

So glad to hear that someone else notices a gain after exercise. I have just increased my exercise from short, leisurely walks to long walks/jogs and circuit training. The last few times I have noticed my weight went up before it dropped again and was a bit disappointed.

Does anyone know why this happens? Is it just water retention or something?

Yes, you body will retain water to 'mend' the muscles.
  • AquaRose
    Options
    I have found that the food journal is the best tool, when you really have to look at what you are eating. I have lost 5 lbs since joining this site( a few weeks ago). because of the journaling. When I exercise and am given more calories to eat, I try not to eat them. Good luck and keep with it.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    Several times a day. My weight fluctuates throughout the day but it doesn't bother me. I'm not one to freak out over gains or losses and I like the feedback. I've been doing it this way for over a year and it hasn't discouraged me yet so while it's not for everyone, it's fine for me.