Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill

Options
Does anyone own this type of treadmill? If so, what's your experience with it and would you recommend it to someone else?

My wife's treadmill is starting to fail and according to Consumer's Report this treadmill is highly recommended but there's no store where she can try it out before she buys it. She's reluctant to put out this kind of money for something that she may have to return and then be without a machine as she waits for something else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Replies

• rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Does anyone own this type of treadmill? If so, what's your experience with it and would you recommend it to someone else?

My wife's treadmill is starting to fail and according to Consumer's Report this treadmill is highly recommended but there's no store where she can try it out before she buys it. She's reluctant to put out this kind of money for something that she may have to return and then be without a machine as she waits for something else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Don't know anything about the bowflex, but I went to CR web site (I'm a member) and checked out ratings. The Vision Fitness T9200 simple got better reviews. If you don't have to have a folding treadmill, do not get one. I absolutely love my True (at over 2000, I should), and would never get another brand. I bought it because it was made in the USA (at the time, I don't know anymore), but I like it better than any other treadmill I've been on, period.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I'm a CR member as well. Due to the amount of exercise equipment and the room allocated to training we need a folding system. Bob
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I have this particular issue (looking for a new washing machine..yay) Anyway, I have a nordic track that I bought at sears. It was a "floor model" and was reduced in price from $1600 to $750. I have had it now for 8 years and the only problem I have ever encountered is the belt slipping but that was a minor adjustment to the base and now it has been 2 years since that even happened. The nice thing is that sears will take it back if she doesn't like it for any reason and it came with the warranty intact. MIne is a folding treadmill as well.

I would absolutely buy another nordic track if and when this one goes, but it doesn't seem to want to give up on me yet! :wink: